Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sassy Takes Up Surfing

July 7, 2013

Good morning.  Well, Google did it again.  I just spent about 45 minutes typing my morning post and Google zapped it off to never never land.  At no point in all the time that I was typing, did any of it get saved.  I'm really beginning to dislike Google with a big CAPITAL "H"!

I'm watching news of the plane crash that happened in San Francisco yesterday.  There were more than 20 fatalities and almost 200 injured.  Also yesterday, a runaway train carrying crude oil derailed in Quebec, leaving one person dead.  The bad news goes on and on. 

On the brighter side of the news, a solar powered plane left California in May, travelling at a top speed of 45 mph.  It made several stops before reaching New York this morning.  Folks, this is a peak into the future of travel. 

Our weather is still hot, hot, hot.  Steamy, sizzling and sticky.  Yesterday morning, the weatherman said that the humidity was 97%.  Gosh, does it get stickier than that?  I'm thankful that the temperature isn't 100 and over, but the low 80's will feel really super when they come around again.

I have a cute photo to share with you.  Dee took this photo with her phone yesterday and sent it on to me.  It seems that her Sassy Girl has found a great way to beat the heat.  She has taken up "Pool Surfing".  Way to go, Sassy!

 
Yesterday, I spent a few hours playing on my laptop.  Some time ago, I downloaded a graphic from my daughter's facebook page.  Then I looked it up on the web to find the author, but was not very successful.  I did find other versions of the same graphic called "Visiting Hours In Heaven.
 
I removed the couple and the bench from the web graphic and placed it into one of my own cloud photos.  Then I added a little dog silhouette on the bench beside the people.  I recolored the people, dog and bench, then placed a texture overlay over the whole new picture.  ("Creme Anglaise" by Fly Paper Textures)  Next I applied the Hard Light blending mode (PS) at 67%, then a color overlay at 39%.   So here is my version of "Visiting Hours In Heaven".
 
 
I enjoyed working on this piece of photo art.  It gives one a lot to think about.  I wonder who these folks and their little dog are waiting for.  If given a chance, would you visit someone in Heaven?  And who would it be?
 
Now I have a small load of laundry to do before I can take my nap.  Tonight is another work night for this lady.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a fabulous day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

You bet I would visit people in heaven and the first would be my parents. I miss having them to talk to, share with and ask opionions from (though they never gave me their opinions, they always guided me to my own) ... that way it meant more and stuck with me. I try to remember that when I am tempted to give advice :) Anyway, great piece of art and probably means many things to many people.

Love Sassy's new pass time ... Don't think I could get Izzi to do that ... she doesn't like the water much, though when it gets hot she is willing to go in a baby pool or sprinkler. You should get Pogo a baby pool ... I bet he would love it if you kept the water low ... and he could cool off. You too ... great for sticking feet in and the dogs don't care :)

I have to go out and cut grass before it gets too hot in the front ... it is in shade now so it it tolerable. You have a nice nap and a good work night. See you tomorrow, Edna and Pogo ...

Andrea @ From The sol

The Queen Jester said...

The image of the people sitting on the bench in the clouds just took my breath away. What an intersting concept.
Sassy looks very satisfied and cool with her pool play...I wish we had one here.
It's hot hot hot and humid today, so we finally put the AC on and then I got a bunch of stuff done.

smiekeltje said...

Sassy has found a terrific way to beat the heat!!
The layout you've made of the couple in the clouds is so wonderful.
And yes, if given possibility to visit people( and then return back on earth) I certainly would do that. If only one day I would have a busy time to see all the ones I would like to see.
First would be my parents, then some other family members, and some very good freinds, that all passed away already.
Lovely thought it is.
It's a pity that now that we have summer weather it often has so much humidity, that makes it hard to cope with.
Wishing you a wonderful nap and lovely day.
Hug
Kyra