Friday, July 26, 2013

How About A Naked Romp Through The Jungle?

July 26, 2013

Good morning.  It's rather cool and wet here in New England.  The cool feels nice, and the grass and gardens enjoy the rain.  My bunny family isn't out running around in the yard, so I guess they are not so fond of the rain.  Joe saw at least three baby bunnies playing in the yard a few days ago.  As long they leave the tomatoes alone, they are welcome to stay.

The temps will be back up in the 80's beginning tomorrow, so pretty soon Joe and I can start picking fresh tomatoes from the garden.  Mmmm, mmm, mmm.  We didn't plant any veggies last year, and I missed them.  I'm hoping that next year, we can plant squash and cucumbers again.  It all depends on when the Spring weather begins.

My friend Kyra started my day off with another beautiful layout of my favorite little guy.  Gosh, I could look at his precious mug all day.   He definitely has me mesmerized!


I see from my emails that more and more of our fun forums are disappearing.  Sad to say, the folks who build a these forums don't seem to know why their forums are dying.  It all started when folks started posting their forums, scraps, challenges, etc. on Facebook.  Next, they also had everything posted on Twitter, followed every other new media place that came along. 

Soon, they were moving their forum scrap stores out of the forums and over to places like Etsy.  Freebies and challenges were being posted on all these outside media places instead of in the forum.  So now, technically, there is really no reason to visit the forum anymore.  And, if you are like me, you just don't have time to be funning from Facebook to Tweeter and everywhere else to find what you need or keep up with what is happening.  Hence, interest is lost and the forums die out.  Sad.

Do you like pigs?   My daughter Deanne finds some of the cutest photos of pigs on the internet.  Here's one that I think is adorable.  This little piggy is just loving his nap in the sun.


Does anyone follow all the new reality shows on TV?   I came across one quite by accident, and was really amazed that it was actually being allowed as entertainment on TV.  This one is called "Naked and Afraid" (or vice versa).  Two naked people, one male and one female strangers to each other, are dropped off at some god forsaken jungle somewhere in the world with no clothes, no food and no water.  The challenge is to stay alive for twenty one days. 

Of course, they are accompanied by a camera crew who are all fully clothed.   Now, if the contestants have to be naked, I don't think it's right that the camera crew gets to keep their clothes on.  Actually, I think that the TV stations are stooping pretty low into the garbage can to come up with new ideas for entertaining programs.   If you are interested though, it is on Discovery Channel.

I'm thinking that it's time for this old fuddy duddy to get busy and start another load of laundry.  Till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Boy, Discovery Channel has really gone to pot. Remember when they had all of the great Animal shows ... Meerkats, and Big Cats and so many more. Now it is all about giant man eating cat fish, crazy fish tanks, tree houses and Sasquatch ... who even watches that stuff. I can remember planning my week around Discovery Channel programming ... no more. The only time I even check on it is if there isn't anything good on any other channel.

I love pigs and what a cute picture ... must say I worry that he will get sun burned though. Pigs are very smart and can be rather vicious as I have learned on a farm years ago. But cute ... ahhh yes. Don't blame your daughter for finding cute pictures.

Having little bunnies in your yard is fun, but they will eat veggies when they get bigger ... I don't plant veggies because we have the Ground Hog family who would make short order of my veggies were they there. We are lucky they don't savor flowers ...

Our weather has been cooler for several days. Today we are supposed to get rain, but we will see. When they say rain, they usually mean in Chicago and we get nothing. I have my fingers crossed though, because no rain and I will be watering again (Another tedious job I don't like). One might get the impression that I am lazy ... even I think that sometimes. But, in my defense, I have worked hard for many years ... now I just want to relax and enjoy. Nothing wrong with that, right? Yard work is endless. I love planting flowers and watching them grow, but haven't figured out a way to stop the weeds from succeeding right right along with the flowers ... I could be rich if I figured that out ... My sunflowers are ripening and the little Gold Finch are starting to gather on them. They are so pretty and so much fun to watch. I will probably be featuring them on Wild Bird Wednesday soon. Well, my friend, I must go see if I can find something productive to do lest I waste this entire day. You have a good one ... and loves to the Pogo :)

Andrea @ From The Sol

Debby said...

First Honey Boo Boo now naked people. Crazy shows.
Pogo just has the sweetest little face.
It has been cool here and I love it. But it will soon be replaced with rain and heat.
Have a good week-end.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

What lovely pages of Pogo, I am hoping you will make a book just for him with all these pages and your snapshots!
Mmmmmm.....fried green tomatoes would sure taste good about now...LOL!
We have a little rain today, knocking our temps into the low 90's but chasing out some of the humidity and the oppressive unhealthy layer of stagnant air. will start climbing back into the 100's on Monday, but will certainly enjoy a couple of fresh days!
The lily is gorgeous, love the color of it. Guess it got too big for support. Glad you can take it inside and enjoy.
Have a wonderful weekend! Chat again real soon! Hugs!!

smiekeltje said...

Oh, lots of tv programs are of VERY low quality these days. It's amazing tht=at that show rund on Discovery! What a pity. usualy they had a nice number of interesting programs on all the Discovery channels, but I like them less and less and not watching them often anymore.
well, we pick out the things we like to watch(sometimes not much)on tv, and take some on dvd or video if there are too many things at the same time, so we have a reserve for the evenings nothing to our liking is on.
Glad we like to watch a bit of sports too, that helps.
Don;t let Pogo mesmerize you too much LOL! Anyway, have a happy day, and soon have a great crop of tomatoes! We have planted some seeds from red cabbage, they are growing rather fast now, time to plant them out somewhere in the garden and hoepfully we will have one or two cabbages from them. Fun to try out. I like red cabbage, a bit of hard work to cut it, but then cooked in water with some drops of white vinager, lots of spoons of fine sugar, a handfull of raisins and sometimes little dices of apple, bit of salt and when it is cooked well enough, get rid of the water, put a bit of butter into it and cinnamon, it tastes good!
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

Cute photo of the pig - he looks awfully relaxed.