Thursday, July 18, 2013

Happy Birthday, Guys

July 18, 2013

Good morning.  For so many years, today has been a very special day.  My brother and my Michael (hubby) shared the same birthday.  Every year, I would cook them a scrumptious lobster birthday dinner.  They would each get two lobsters, corn on the cob, salad and cool refreshing drinks.  After the meal and their dessert, it would be time to open presents.  Yes, I had a grand time spoiling my two guys on their birthday.  I miss them both dearly.

Yesterday, the car dealership called me to say that my new registration and sticker were ready to be picked up, so Pogo and I took Baby Girl out for a ride to pick these things up.  While we were there, I had the saleslady show me how to work the sun/moon roof.  She also showed me how to work the "auto mirror dim". 

These new features on my car are so much fun.  I especially love the rear view camera.  As soon as I put the car in reverse, my radio area becomes a picture screen showing me everything that is behind my car.  This is so wonderful.  I also had to practice a bit to learn how to lock and unlock the doors.  Keyless entry is so different.  Needless to say, I have been having fun with Baby Girl.

This morning's email brought more beautiful gifts from my friend Kyra.  Gosh, she makes the prettiest scrap pages!  Let me share today's with you.  These purples roses look like they were just picked from the garden, and the gull could be flying right off the page.  I just love them.  Kyra, thank you so much.



Yesterday, Eddie and I cleaned off a bookshelf filled with my books from when I took the course on web design.  (At least ten years ago)  Wowee, have you ever seen a "two story" dust bunny building?  These little dust bunnies had built themselves a whole town, including hotels on the very top shelf.   My goodness! 

Sometimes being very short has its rewards.  I can't see (or reach) the tops of things, so the dust bunnies can raise their families in peace without worrying about me disturbing them.  However, yesterday, we kicked them all out.  Poor bunnies!

Ah well, now it's time for me to get dressed and start my day's work here.   Till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Well, you are back on my blogger list this morning. I thought maybe that you had taken a few days off to work on your enormous project, but I see I was just missing out. Don't understand why that happens ... talk about Crabby, I can sure get crabby with Google.

You are going to love your new keyless car and if you have a cell phone you can hook up the blue tooth and talk while you are driving(only when necessary) without taking your hands off the wheel. I love the color ... it goes well with the Mrs. Hydrangeas. New cars are sure fun especially in our high tech age ... there are so many surprises. In my car, I carry my "keyless" key in my pocket and it opens the door for me automatically when I get close to it. If I have my hands full, that is a very nice feature. You will have it mastered in no time ... I know you, you don't let any grass grow under your feet.

We are suffering merciless heat here as well. I am having to water my flowers to keep them from wilting. It hasn't been that long ago that the ground was saturated with too much rain. I guess Mother Nature wants to keep us on our toes.

Tuesday I did a Raptor Program in the Laurie Gardens of Millinium Park (down town Chicago). I got to see "The Bean" for the first time up close. I was thinking everyone in the world is going to have a picture of themselves in "The Bean" and I won't even have seen it. But now I have and it is fun and interesting and yes, I did get some pictures. As if I weren't short and fat enough "The Bean" makes you look like a dumpy little dwarf ... which is not a bad thing to be if, in fact, that is what you are. But making dumpy look dumpier ... not so sure I love that!

Well, I am off to take my daughter to therapy. Tomorrow one of my nursing friends from years ago is coming and we are going shopping in Wisconsin. Should be a fun day. We have stayed Best Buds for a lot of years, so I am looking forward to seeing her.

Don't work too hard in this heat, Edna ... but I must say I am proud of you getting so much done. I keep thinking if you can do it so could I ... but, somehow there is always something going on that keeps me from it (Does that sound like an excuse to you?). Have a great day Edna ... until tomorrow if Goggle doesn't gobble you up again.

Andrea @ From The Sol

Diane said...

Hi Miss Edna & Pogo!

I just LOVE your blog! You always find humor in something.

I am short....er, vertically challenged. My husband is 6'5" & I am a foot shorter. He sees things & it drives him crazy. I tell him, from MY perspective, there's nothing there!

Have a great day!

D >^..^<

Anonymous said...

Love the new/updated MY PIX SHOW !!
Donna

The Queen Jester said...

She did a lovely job on the bird collages - such a talent.

The Queen Jester said...

She did a lovely job on the bird collages - such a talent.

smiekeltje said...

Great to read you are making progress with the "cleaning up"! and lovely Eddie is there to help you. Ha. those dust bunnies!!!! I know ALL about them LOL! Specially the high placed ones yak!
You are having a great time with your new car, and it sounds it has all kind of great accessories and possibilities.

Feeling your sadness on the birthday's of your husband and of Artie. But it is wonderful you have a lot of beautiful memories of them to hold on to.

Good thing to start early in the morning with the big work, then you can take a big break when it is getting too warm.
Must go posting now, and want to start my day a bit earlier too, some shopping and may be some woodwork cleaning or painting? Not sure about that last two things LOL.
Have a lovely day!
Hug
Kyra