Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Gearing Up For The Fireworks Displays

July 3, 2013

Good morning.  Are you ready for all the fireworks displays?  They are starting everywhere tonight.  Pogo and I will try to find us a place this evening to park and watch them.  I'm hoping to be able to get some nice photos, but that remains to be seen. 

This morning, we have an appointment for regular maintenance on the car.  While we are waiting for our car, Pogo and I will walk around and look at all the nice new cars.  We can dream, can't we?

Yesterday, I tried my hand at surreal photography.  It's really photos combined with a lot of creativity using Photoshop.  The idea was to make a Pogo coming out of the top of a Pogo, and another Pogo coming out of the top of that second Pogo.  Well, it didn't quite come out like I had planned, but it will do for a first try.  Here is my "Totem Pogo".


Hopefully, my technique will improve, but then maybe I'll just stick to photoart.  I tend to do much better with that.   Let me share with you another gorgeous layout that my friend Kyra made for me.  This one features a photo of Eddie that I took while trying to learn portraiture.    I really like candid shots. 


And here's a photo of one of my roses.  The sun and the heat are making the bushes bloom profusely, while the excess rain is rotting the flowers and knocking all the petals to the ground.  Not always a pretty sight!  However, this rose was a beauty!


That's all my news for this morning.  I have to get dressed and ready to leave soon  While you all are enjoying the fireworks later today, remember the independence that we are celebrating, and the high price that it has cost.  Say a prayer for all those men and women who have bravely served so that we might keep our precious freedom.  Till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Nani said...

Totem Pogo is cute, he looks like triplets!

Since we’ll be home this year, we’ve made plans to go to our favorite local spot for fireworks. We see the city show, the Mud Hens show and several other private ones from there. It usually includes ice cream too! :)

Have a Happy Independence Day!

Hugs, Nani

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Oh my Goodness, I was here this morning and the phone rang, then the workers came and I didn't even realize I hadn't commented. Your Tower of Pogo is adorable ... mostly because one of Pogo is adorable and take that times three and it is just too much. I am not sure how you did it ... I have an awful time blending things together in a single picture. Good job ... you are going to fly right past me with your photo art. Now the Kyra collage is awesome too ... she has been working overtime for you ... you need to take that young lady out to dinner or something. The two of you are an endless source of idea's. Great work!!

The workers finally finished painting out trim and staining our decks, but then it rained, so the decks aren't drying ... so we have to sneak in and out of the house in a little narrow path that they left for us. It is fine for Dave and me, but Izzi doesn't get why she can't just go right to where she wants to be ... the shortest distance, so we have to take her on a leash every time we take her out to keep her from dashing across the wet stain. Oh my, the weather is reeking havoc on us in every way.

We have class tonight and I have to fix something for dinner before we go, so this is a shorty comment. Will check in tomorrow ... Have a great rest of your evening, Edna and Pogo :)

Andrea @ From The Sol

aquascrap said...

Happy Independence Day Edna and Pogo and enjoy the fireworks display.

With Tony now working only mornings I find I don't have enough time for all my computer activities.....lol. I like to have all the housework done before he gets home and then we have the afternoon to do what we want. Before, I had the whole day to do what I had to.

Love the layouts Kyra has made for you and "totem" Pogo is adorable. Looks good to me.

I've just taken a little break to have some brekky and coffee....now I better get moving again and get the laundry hung out.

Hugs
Judy xx

smiekeltje said...

Oh Edna, the Pogo totem is an awesome idea and looks so good!
This is real fun!
Have a happy Independence Day and hopefully you will be able to make some great fireworks shots. Would Pogo feel allright outside with all that noise ?
Have a wonderful day.
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

I love the play on words with totem pogo - very clever.