Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Ahhhh, A Break From The Heat!

July 9. 2013

Good morning.  It's a bit cloudy, but then it's early yet.  Only 6:45 a.m.  The temperature is in the upper 60's, headed for the upper 70's.  It feels good for a change.  Today we are supposed to be getting more thunder storms.  Actually, I think it's supposed to be like this for a few days.

Today, I need to get friendly with the vacuum cleaner and chase a few dust bunnies out.  Then I have a whole stack of magazines and catalogues to go through before recycling them.  Later, if I have any steam left, I want to set up a new "bills & receipts" folder.  That should take care of any energy that I have for today. 

For those of you who like bugs, I have some insect photos to share.  I took these a few days ago at work.  In the second photo, you can't see the bee's head, but it's a nice shot of the wings.



Later today, I also need to start thinking about making my next blog book.  Depending on how many pages it comes out to be, I may have to break it into three volumes for this year.  I think I'll change the photo on the front cover too.  Hmmm, lots to keep me busy here.

During the night, I had to shut off the ceiling fan and the little fan on the floor.  My little Pogo was in his bed, hiding under his fuzzy blanket.  I also put his little tank top back on him.  Naked is nice, but I don't want him catching a cold.

I have another gorgeous layout to share.  This is another one that Kyra made for me.  I'm going to be putting them all into a special scrapbook.  She has captured so many beautiful moments for me.  From the bottom of my heart, I thank you Kyra.  Isn't this just so special?


Well, now I must finish drinking my coffee and get started on a few chores here.  I have quite a lot to do today, and I'll feel good if I can get most of it done.   So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

He's right ... he is cute and once again Kyra has hit a home run. You are blessed with her talents.

We are getting a bit of a break in the weather today as well, though it is still early so it could get a lot warmer. It is cloudy and in the mid 70's. They say possibility of rain, but that's okay too ... then I don't have to go out to water which is a job I don't enjoy (lets face it, anything called a "job" I probably don't enjoy :)

Your picture taking is blooming. The macros of the bee's are awesome. I am hoping you were using a rather long lens as I am not sure I would want to put my face up that close to a stinger.

I have some shopping to do today and I also want to call The Vets to have them come pick up some bags of cloths. I gathered them a long time ago and keep forgetting to get them picked up. I thought maybe if I put it in writing it would stay with me. I'll let you know tomorrow if that is the case ... can't do anything but try, right?

Well, I am off. I need to get dressed then my neighbor may stop over for a cup of coffee on the deck since it is not sooooo hot that we can't stand it outside. My hubby has to go to the dentist today (I don't envy him) so I won't be able to do my shopping until this afternoon. You have a wonderful day with your little guy ... Izzi sends slurps and kisses ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

The Queen Jester said...

Great macro shot of the bee. I love bug photos, I don't think you can really appreciate them until you are close up to see all their intricate detail.
You reminded me of some paper work I need to take care of also. It's so easy to tuck it to the side and forget it. Maybe it's just that I really want to forget it. Medicare billings - such fun.

smiekeltje said...

You've got quite some plans for today!
sometimes I have such a to-do list in my head, with lots of things and I already feel great if I can manage to do a third of it that day ROFL!
I must be a bit quick today, with my posting, cause work is waiting for me, serious work! You;ll read it in my post today.
Have a wonderful day, may you reach all your goals for today!
Hug
Kyra

Nani said...

Kyra's Pogo layout is so sweet! Yes, he is totally cute!

I'm not a bug fan, but I'll admit the bee photos are spectacular!

We're still getting our daily showers here.

Hugs, Nani