Saturday, June 8, 2013

Well Done, Alice!

June 8, 2013

Good morning.  Boy oh boy, did it ever rain late yesterday and all through the night.  Last night, I attended a school play, and on the way home there were times when you could barely see the road.  This morning, the rain has let up and promises to be out of here soon.

Speaking of the school play, Alice In Wonderland, I must say that it was a most enjoyable evening indeed.  Everyone was amazed at how well the cast members did.  There was so much dialogue to be learned, and everyone played their parts so well.  The scenery and props kids also did a fabulous job.  Now for the great part!  Our Jasmine starred as Alice.  Need I say how proud we are of her?

 
Here she is with her friend, The Mad Hatter.  He played more than one part, and was a stage manager as well.  Well done, young man.  (I've blurred out background faces on purpose.)


I could go on and on, but I won't.  You all know how us grandmas can be when we start bragging about our family.  I'll just say that I was mighty impressed at everyone's performance, and especially proud of Jasmine.

Later today, I will have to walk around my yard to check out the damage from Tropical Storm Andrea.  The heavy rain did a terrible job on my plants and bushes.  I will have quite a bit of pruning to do tomorrow.  Ah well, it definitely could have been worse.

Oh gosh, there is a Geico commercial on TV now featuring a large camel who is walking around inside an office asking everybody "What day is this?"  (Hump Day)   For some reason, it never fails to put a big smile on my face. 

Update on the critters, we had another one in the trap yesterday afternoon, and Eddie took it to a wooded area away from here and let it loose.  I don't want to kill these critters, I just don't want them living here.

Well, that's my news for this morning.  Stay safe, and till  tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Ahhh ... Jasmine (beautiful girl that she is) looks like her Grandma :) And you should be ever so proud of her ... acting in a play that complicated is no easy task and it seems she certainly pulled it off. Very nice, indeed.

I do hope you put the little critters in an area close to each other ... some of the little guys may not be ready to be out on their own. I do understand the need to relocate ... they can be distructive and they are really better off in an area without humans around because, unlike you, some would be cruel about the way they disposed of them.

Sorry about "Andrea" ... she certainly wasn't behaving the way I would have. We went through the heavy rains here, but it was before everything was blooming so there was very little damage.

We have a steep incline at the back of our yard that goes down to the lake and my husband and I have been trying to clean it up the last two days. It is not easy to cut the grasses using a weed wacker and I also had to clear the leaves off from last winter. My muscles are screaming about having to stand and work on an incline ... and the need to keep my balance so I don't go flying down the hill like Jack and Jill. Not a job I cherish. I think we are at the point that we will probably hire somebody to do it next year. I am already dreading the idea of ever having to do it again.

So glad you have some nice weather to look forward to ... we, on the other hand, have rain in the forcast for tomorrow. That just means I won't have to water the flowers tomorrow and I may have to stay in and play with my computer ... sound like a plan? Have a wonderful evening ... I am assuming you are going back to work tonight, right?

Andrea @ From The Sol

Edna B said...

Yes Maam, I'm back at work he whole family has been taken to a wooded area not too far way where they will have lots to eat and plenty of places to hide from humans and animals.

I agree, you need to hire someone else to do the yard cleanup next year. Your health is much too important. You have a wonderful night, hugs, Edna B.

smiekeltje said...

You have all the right to be proud of Jasmine, it would be strange if you weren;t as a grandma LOL!
It's amazing how well kids can do learning a play isn't it?
Well, Jasmine looks a lovely Alice.
This afternoon we'll go to the birthday party of my friend Heidi, so we don;t have all day to realx at home. I only hope that the weather will improve a little bit, till now there isn't much sun to see and it's a bit windy too.
Sorry to hear that the rain did damage to your garden. But with some repairs I think it will recover soon and bloom again.
Hug
Kyra

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Such a pretty young lady. You have the right to be proud of her Grandma! Glad the play went well for them too! Have a great week ahead.
Hugs, Mat

The Queen Jester said...

She does have a strong resemblence to you and obviously has your flair for life as well. What an amazing young woman. It has to be such fun watching her grow into the beautiful woman that she will come to be.