Monday, June 24, 2013

It's Mandarin Orange Monday Again

June 24, 2013

Good morning.  Boy oh boy, today's going to be a warm one!   I don't think it ever went below 65 F all night, and today should be in the low 90's F.  I'm thinking that maybe Summer is finally here.  The one redeeming factor is that there is a little breeze outside.  Unfortunately, it doesn't help indoors.  Ah well, pretty soon I will be in my little car and on my way home. 

That big ole gorgeous moon (some call it the Super Moon)  was lighting up the sky again last night.   I did manage to get a few shots of it in between the clouds moving on by. 


 
Today is Mandarin Orange Monday, and I have a photo to share that I took at the pond where the swan family lives.  Can't find the orange?  (Hint - look at his feet.)
 

Pogo and I did not make it to the flea market yesterday, but we did walk around the yard a bit.  After doing a couple of things in the house, it was nap time.  Next weekend though, I think we will make it to the flea market.  It good exercise walking around, and who knows maybe I'll find a bargain.

SIL Eddie has errands to do this morning, but if he gets done early he will come by and we will go shopping for a new door.  I don't know yet if I want just one outer door, or that and a storm door for the other side of the house.   Once we get the new door (s) bought and installed, I shall set up the new lawn furniture and we can all enjoy sitting out in the yard.

Maybe Joe will set up the barbeque grill this week and we can cook our burgers on it.  Oh yum!  I can already taste those burgers.  Darn!  I just finished a cup of Light Pomegranate Berry Yogurt and was feeling pretty satisfied -- until I mentioned those burgers.  Now I'm getting hungry again!  lol.

It's time now for me to check on the Mrs.  Then I can pack up my things and pretty soon be on my way home.  Yeahhhhhh!  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

No moon shots yet here with the clouds. Our daughters house had a tree knock down wires during the last storm and they were without power for a couple of days. It was fun telling the kids about how back in our day we never had AC - not in the house, car, anywhere. They looked at us like we relics from the past.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Simply lovely photos of the moon and the duck is great too. Luv the ladybug and all those photos of the sky are breathtaking! Hope you get all set for Summer, cause it is here! We awake to temps in the upper 70's and steadily climb to the triple digits. We have a pretty strong south wind and when you go out it is like someone opened the furnace door in your face....LOL Can you tell Summer is NOT my favorite part of the year?, but in TX we don't have much Spring or Fall or even Winter usually...we, however, do have a long, long, long SUMMER!
Well, I think it's time for a nap so hugs to you and Pogo, chat more next time! Hugs, Mat

smiekeltje said...

It's pretty warm with you! I wish some of it came our way.
Pity you didn;t make it to the flea market, but as you said, you can always do that another time.
Might be a good idea to prepare a barbecue, nice to be with some people and good food, easy to make. I guess Pogo would like it too, there's always a possibility that some of the meat comes his way LOL!
Have a great day.
Hug
Kyra

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Okay, It's Tuesday and you aren't on my dashboard at all and no post today ... is everything okay? I mean, we all need to take a break now and then and that would be fine, but you have never disappeared from my blog list before ... Let me know on e-mail if you are having Google issues :(

My week is busy. We have workers here to restain the decks and paint railings and a few other little odds and ends. I had to take them down to the storage room to show them the paint cans we had left from the last time they were painted and "Oh MY", what a mess. I don't go in there often, but apparently I toss things in there without paying much attention. I had to dig a walk to the paint shelves ... embarrassing, ya think :0

Well, I am not going to ramble on since I don't even know if you are going to get this. I hope you are okay and will be back soon. Miss you already and it's only been a day .... hmmmmm.

Andrea @ From The Sol

lorik said...

That duck looks so lustrous - almost like a sculpture or magic bird. Beautiful shot and processing! And you have been so busy all week - both at home and on your blog - and here am i almost a week late in thanking your for your MoM pic.
The pic of your grandon is lovely too btw:)