Thursday, May 2, 2013

Oh My, Lots Of Snow On May 2

May 2, 2013

Good morning from this sunny and beautiful little part of New England.  Today will be the last warm day for a few days.  Tomorrow will dip back down to the upper 50's F, then work its way back up to 70 degrees.  Still, that's not so bad.  In case you haven't noticed, "Achilles" has been busy dumping loads of new snow throughout the central part of the country.  My goodness, will Winter ever go away?

I wonder, do you suppose this is Mother Nature's way of trying to help the drought areas?  At the moment, Achilles has dropped anywhere from 2 inches  (So. Dakota) to 29 inches of snow  (Colorado), and it is still falling.  There are also some areas where Achilles is bringing heavy rains. 

Last week at the park, the ducks were in such playful (mostly courting) moods.  I love photographing their antics, but sometimes it's difficult because they move very fast and I am shooting handheld.  Two of the ducks were flying and I tried to follow them with my camera.  Here's my best shot.


Pogo and I walked around a bit, and I found this rather interesting tree trunk.  You know me, I'll photograph most anything.  lol.  Hmmm, I wonder if anything lives inside this trunk.


Pogo and I haven't made any special plans for today.  We're just going to take it easy and maybe enjoy some time outside in the sunshine.  I'll have to run the vacuum cleaner a bit too.  I was going to do it yesterday, but well, I got lazy.  No big deal.   The dust bunnies hate it when I disturb them.  lol.

Later this afternoon, we'll go pick Jazzy up from school.  Pogo looks forrward to this because he loves riding in the car.  Also, he especially loves seeing all the kids coming out of the school.   My Pogo is definitely a "people" person.  (er - doggie.)

Now it's time to stuff this adorable little body into some clothes and get started on this nice new day.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

You can shoot images hand held better than anyone I know. Those ducks are stunning caught in mid flight. It's so hard to hit a fast moving target like that.

Edna B said...

Thank you so much. It makes me happy when folks like my photo. I get a lot of fuzzies too, but every now and then I get a nice one. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I have to agree with the Queen ... your duck picture is fantastic. You stopped time, if only for a fraction of a second.

Your park looks really nice. It is not any wonder you and Pogo enjoy going there. And, like you, I love an old tree stump ... you never know what might be inside.

My granddaughter is coming this weekend, so I will be chasing the dust bunnies with you. She probably wouldn't care if the dust bunnies were around, but it is my habit to use company as motivation to do things that I would prefer to avoid. Today I worked in the yard and cut my grass for the first time. It is supposed to rain here today and the rest of the week so my plan is to get some grass seed out in those burn holes in my grass (compliments of my neighbors dogs) and hope that the rain gives it a start. It won't be easy to grow grass in the yard because we play with Izzi out there and she isn't going to avoid those spots if a frisbee goes in that area. But, have to try anyway. Well, you and Pogo have a nice lazy day together and stay warm.

Andrea @ From The Sol

Nani said...

Pogo is definitely a people person (we're the pets after all, aren't we??)

Your ducks look much better than my Robbin did! After comparing thoughts with some others, I think it was more likely that he was trying to attack his reflection than get on the cast stand. But he saw the "other bird" had a cat body guard when Kaline ran to the window and he's gone now. :)

I liked the thought of Global Warming much better than "Global Idunno" Mother Nature seems to be suffering from dementia.

We have lazy dust bunnies that don't like to be disturbed too!

David is making our dativersary dessert, (8 years ago was our first date) So I'm going to go share ice cream!!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Don't believe it! Still snowing! I sure am glad that isn;t the case here.
Have a great day with Pogo.
Hug
Kyra