Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Just Saying Hello, Then Back To Bed

May 22, 2013

Good morning.  I'll be quick this morning.  I'm still laid up with this rather nasty cold.  But I do have a couple of photos to share with you.  I took these the last time I went to visit the Swan family.  I'm sure all the babies have been born by now, but I just don't feel like going out for photos.

This was a black bird of sorts that was sitting on the fence by the pond.  He was a bit of a distance away, but I managed  to get a couple shots of him.  I like the second photo the best.  He must have my camera click because he flew to another spot.



That's it for this morning.  I'm taking my cup of tea and honey and going back to bed.  Stay well everybody.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Good Morning and I am glad you are tucking yourself away until you feel better. There is nothing worse that being sick and feeling like you have to accomplish something. I hope you are taking time off of work.

Your black bird is a Grackle ... perhaps even a Great Tailed Grackle. We only get the Common Grackle around here, but I have seen the Great Tailed Grackle down south. They are actually beautiful birds with an iridescent green in the right light. Nice pictures.

I am spending a quiet day myself. It has been raining all morning (weatherman said no rain today:) so I can't work in the yard until it stops and things dry up a little. There are plenty of things to do inside ... like dust bunnies etc. so I will look into that. I am supposed to go out for coffee with my neighbor, but haven't heard from her yet, so not sure if that is happening. I sure hope you are feeling better soon ... my heart goes out to you and Izzi says Woofs of Love too. Be well, my friend ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Nani said...

You'll have to get pictures of the "ugly ducklings" later. Fortunately there will be a replay next year if you wanted an eggshell shot.

For today, yes, tea, honey and rest! Be well quickly!

Hugs, Nani

The Queen Jester said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. I finally joined Barb's online photo group yesterday and look forward to the weekly challenges.

smiekeltje said...

You are doing the right thing, curl yourself up in bed, nice warm and hopefully you can sleep a lot. Often just the best thing to do and get rid of a nasty cold.
Sending healing hugs to you, hope you will feel better really soon!
Kyra

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good Morning, hope you are feeling much better real soon. Sorry you are having such a rough go of it, but rest and the tea and honey and possibly some snuggles with Pogo will help! Lovely photos of the black bird. Leaving some warm hugs!
Mat