Tuesday, May 7, 2013

It's Dinky Doo Time For Pogo

May 7, 2013

Good morning.  This will  have to be another short post because Pogo and I have to leave soon.  We don't want to be late for his appointment at the beauty salon.    While he is getting all dinkied dooed up, I'll do a couple of errands. 

Don't ask.  "Dinky Dooed Up" is an old expression from back in my youth.  (meaning "all prettied up")  I don't think anyone under 40 or 50 has even heard it. 

Last night, I slept good.  I pulled up my blanket, closed my eyes, and that's all she wrote.  Until around 8:30 this morning.  Wowser!!  It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it feels good.  Now though, I need to get busy here.  We have to leave soon.

**** We are back!  Well, that was a short trip.  We got to Pogo's appointment, and they were closed.  Son of a gun!  So it's home we go with a side trip to the post office.

Pogo and I have just taken a short walk around the yard, and I took this photo of a really pretty pink tulip.  Isn't it a beauty? 


How about a freebie?   It's a camera frame courtesy of Dover.  It was clipart, but I colored it and removed the lens area to make it a frame.  Have fun with it. 



Now I'm off to see what sort of mischief Pogo and I can get into today.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs. Edna B.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous photos and precious heart exposed through your fanciful lines of living. Thanks so much for sharing your heart!

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Well, I am well over 50 and have never heard the expression "Dinky Doo" maybe it is a regional thing ... or maybe it is just something the evolved in your family. Sure is cute and I think Pogo fits Dinky Doo perfectly ... but wait, it didn't happen! What ... you had an appointment and they were closed? Are we about to change Doggie Beuticians?

Let's move on to beautiful ... the rich pink color of your tulip is mouth watering. And, great picture taking as well. I need to get out and take some flower pictures before the Spring blooms are all gone. We are finally having some beautiful weather and I gather you are too. Izzi and I took another walk in a different Forest Preserve yesterday. We had to turn back though because the path that we chose was flooded on a low section by the lake .... hmmmm. Well we got a good walk in anyway.

Today I am going to spend the day with my friend who just lost her husband. This is really hard for her, but she has many friends who are all standing by her and she is strong and will get through it. So I must be off ... hope you have a wonderful day and that you find someone to pretty up your little boy. Be well, Edna ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Nani said...

Pogo's salon was closed? That's odd when he had an appointment, no? I've never heard "Dinky Dooed Up" and I thought Grandma had taught me every little saying there was! She new Kaline as "Snicklefritz" and called her that while she sat with her on our "davenport." Although I bet if I spend some time really thinking about it, I bet I did hear it from her.

I love frames that aren't just ordinary frames. I like non-conformist journal; blacks too. Thank you for the camera frame!

You and Pogo have a wonderful day!

Hugs, Nani

The Queen Jester said...

I've never heard the expression and I'm sure I'm old enough. Maybe it was an east coast thing?

smiekeltje said...

It really feels good when having a good night's sleep, hey?
What a pity that the beauty salon was closed, now Pogo has to wait to be prettied up. But... he already is a handsome guy, so no big harm done LOL!
You have a fine day.
Hug
Kyra