Thursday, May 30, 2013

Crash Bang Boom As Ligntning Streaks Across The Sky

May 30, 2013

Good morning.  Wowee, what a time we had last night.  Starting just before 11 p.m. a loud noise started, like the roar of a huge train engine.  It got louder and louder, and finally CRASH!  Oh my, what huge lightning bolts went cracking through the sky.  Poor Pogo got scared and went into attack mode.  I had to hang on to him to calm him down.  I don't know who, but something somewhere got hit.

An hour later it had quieted down to just rain, thunder and smaller lightning strikes.  Pogo doesn't usually get frightened by the thunder and lightning, but this episode would have scared the wrappings off a mummy.  (Bear with me, I don't know where that phrase came from.  Honest.)

I got the nicest surprise in my mailbox this morning from my good friend Kyra at "With A Russian Dutch Heart".   She made me a layout using the photo of Pogo and Joe from yesterday's post, and her Nutshell kit "Primavera".  Kyra, thank you so much.  What a great way to start my day!


I will have to print an extra copy of this for Joe.  He will be so pleased.  Folks, if you haven't stopped by Kyra's blog for a visit and to see her wonderful kits, grab your coffee and head on over there.  You're in for such a treat.  Kyra makes such wonderful kits, and her friend Arlene makes some really beautiful clusters to match the kits.

I have another great photo to share with you this morning.  This is a photo that my daughter Deanne sent to me of my grandchildren at the Memorial Day Parade the other day.  Left to right is Jasmine, Kevin and their friend Katie.


I did not mention the other day, but this is what the newspaper had to say about Deanne and her sign.  "One day is not enough", said Deanne J.  Standing by the edge of City Hall, she waved a handmade sign that read 'Thank You"  on the front, and on the back it held the names of her father, uncle, stepfather and two good friends, who all fought and who all have since died.  "I'm not here just for them," she said, "but for everyone, past and present." 

I have more good news.  As of today, I will be an Assistant Administrator at Photography, Plus The Art of Photography".  Woo Hoo!!!    This is a wonderful group of people who love photography and help each other to learn more of this fabulous art.  Thank you Barb, I'll do my best.

I did call my doctor's office yesterday to let them know how I am progressing with this "bug".  I guess it wasn't a bug after all.  I am mending but I cannot get rid of the hacking cough.  The doctor said that with Pneumonia and Bronchitis, the cough will take another week or two at least to go away.  No wonder it knocked me off my feet!

On that note, I think I shall head for the shower.  My hair needs a good washing and today is the perfect day to do it.  The temperature should be in the low 90's.  Plenty warm enough to wash my hair and not catch a cold.  (did I really say that?)  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Debby said...

No wonder......pneumonia will knock your socks off. (since we are all about sayings)
Love your picture with Joe and Pogo.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Boy, when you come back to life you do it in a big way. Love all of your pictures and the layout by Kyra. And you must be so proud of your Granddaughter ... what a kind hearted, mature teen. Very cool ...

Our weather has been crazy too. No big thunderstorms though, at least not for awhile. We have been warned to expect some tonight and tomorrow so I am on the look out. Izzi pretty much blows off the storms and fireworks, unless, like Pogo, it is much louder that usual. Then she runs for cover along with the cats. The cats are notorious chickens and hide with very little provocation ... but if Izzi goes they follow because then they know it is serious.
Hay, I know you are a coffee drinker so I'll tell you about my find. Dunkin Donutes has Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Coffee ... Well, since Mint Chocolate chip is my favorite ice cream, I had to try it and I have to tell you ... I'm hooked. So if you need a boost on a hot day give it a shot, it is awesome:)

I was planning to work on my hill ... talk about a mess. I still have leaves on it from last fall, but can't really clear it because the pier is still stacked on the landing. My son is supposed to come put it in this weekend, but the weatherman is saying rain. I know, we need the rain, but really? Anyway, I have weeded around my irises and had to pull up a big portion of my flocks that didn't make it through the winter ... I think the draught got them because they have made it through worse winters than this. Anyway there is enless work around here to do and, of course, Izzi has a Trial this weekend, so it will all be put off. Oh well, I wouldn't miss the Trial, so that is that way it has to be. Glad to have you back, Edna ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Anonymous said...

Glad Your up & doing much better I'll call you tomorrow nite for a short minute. I Love You Rummage Baby !!!!

The Queen Jester said...

It is so good to see you up and running again. I don't know where you get your energy. You probably got more done when you were knocked out by your bugg than I do when I'm healthy!