Saturday, May 18, 2013

A Busy Morning

May 18, 2013

Good morning.  It's almost noon, but it has been a busy morning so far.  Between laundry, house cleaning and a few other mundane chores, I've not had much of a chance to sit and type a post.  My granddaughter is here helping me so I can't sit for too long. 

I went to check on the swan family yesterday afternoon.  No babies yet, but they did have another visitor.  Daddy Swan was busy keeping human hands away from the fence, and a Muscovie Duck away from the nest.  The eggs must be going to hatch soon because Daddy Swan was being extra protective yesterday.  This is Daddy Swan.


And this is the new visitor.  He really is quite handsome.

 
Well, that's it for this morning.  I need to get back to the housework.  Groan, groan.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I'm with you ... grown, grown. I had to cut my grass again already. It is growing like a weed. We were supposed to get rain, but didn't so I am taking advantage to do some outdoor things ... though it is 80 degrees and I am sweating like a pig.

I am just taking a break, but wanted to get in to say "hello". This morning blogger wouldn't let me get into any of my reading list bloggers. They are really beginning to wear thin. It seems that every day there is something I have to deal with.

Yesterday I went to lunch with my friend and we went shopping. We went to the Mall because she has serious allergy problems and the air in the mall is filtered. Well, I have never seen a shopper like her ... She was buying all kinds of beautiful clothes ... all of which I would have loved to have, but could never afford or never go anywhere I could wear them. She is still working (teaches at Northwestern) so she needs the wordrobe ... it was fun to buy clothes vicariously through her :)

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of your baby swans. Be careful of Dad ... he will be serious about keeping you away. Also he could hurt himself on the fence trying to wack you with his wings so it is better to allow a little distance. (We used to have a pair at the nature center and it took three people with two push brooms just to be able to feed them when they had babies. Anyway ... hugs to Pogo and you have yourself a wonderful day (70's sounds great to me).

Andrea @ From The Sol

The Queen Jester said...

I always wondered what kind of duck that was and now I know. Just in time, too....it was starting to "quack" me up.

smiekeltje said...

It sounds you did a lot of work, great that you had some help.
Time to relax a little bit, if possible, don;t you think?
It looks as if weather is going to improve here, finally.
As I woke up this morning, sun was shining, sky is mostly blue, I went in the garden for a moment and it felt much better than yesterday and the days before.
So crossing fingers it will stay and even improve a bit more temperature wise.
I will do not much today, I primised myself. It will be an easy day, yeah!
You have a a great day too,
Hug
Kyra