Friday, April 12, 2013

Such A Gloomy Day

April 12, 2013

Good morning.  It's chilly, damp and rather yukky outside this morning.  Today is supposed to be rainy, and I guess we'll have to wait for tomorrow for some sun and warmer temps.  That's okay though.  I'm still at work until later this afternoon. 

If I'm not too tired later when I get home, I will take Joe food shopping.  Neither of us has been for two weeks, and the larder is getting bare.  Well actually, I'm okay except for things like milk and bread.  There's no pizza in the freezer either.  Oh dear! 

Hopefully, Eddie will be able to go back to my house this morning and get the new wiring finished so that I can do some laundry tomorrow.  I will be needing to get my work clothes ready for Sunday.

At the moment, I'm enjoying a cup of hot instant oatmeal and a cup of coffee while I'm waiting for the Mrs to wake up.  I carry an assortment of goodies in my work bag for "just in case".  Things like instant coffee, instant hot cereal, sugar and cream packets, some cookies to snack on, and a few small pieces of chocolate.  One never knows when one will need that chocolate.

Here's a photo that I took a couple of days ago to show you my naked cherry tree limbs.  Upon a closer inspection, I notice that there is lots of new growth beginning.  I guess my tree is just a late bloomer.


Actually, my tree looks quite mottled.  Lots of black and white spots on it.  Hmmmmm, I never noticed these before.  I'll have to keep an eye on it, and hopefully it is not getting sickly.

I also have a nice bird photo that I took at the park a few days ago.  It will be nice when all the birds are back.  I did not see our resident cormorant, so I'm hoping that he will be back too.  I wonder if the cormorant is a "loner" bird because I've never seen more than this one at the park.


Ah well, it's getting time for me to start the day here.  Mrs will be waking soon and wanting her breakfast.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B. 

4 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Wow, great photos Edna! Love looking at them and Pogo is sooooooo cute!
Have been rather busy for a couple of days with my boss back and things getting back to normal around here! My sister was moved to a rehab center until her would from the surgery heals, they predict probably 4-6 weeks! Diabetes makes healing a lot slower than the rest of us, but all is good news on her now! I can let go of the breath I was holding!
Hope all your wiring got fixed and that you are enjoying your new dryer! Hope the weather this weekend is kind and you can enjoy outside some!
Have a good one! Hugs, Mat

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Oh my, those are long shifts. I know ... you get a second wind at some point, but still ... I hope you can catch a little snooze time in there somewhere.

Like you, we are still having cold rainy weather. I watch the weatherman and he is still prodicting freezing weather into next week ... Ugh and double Ugh!
The good news is that we had a few Pelicans on the lake this morning. I am hoping that means the large group is still coming and will spend some time with us. They are awesome birds to watch. We also have Loons ... my favorite. I could sit and listen to their calls all day long. Izzi and I have walked down to the channel a few times and I am seeing migrating ducks down there. The Mergansers always stop by, but they don't stay and same with the Coots. But the best are the Wood Ducks ... and they usually stay. After awhile you only see the females with their brood, but during mating season the males are around and they are gorgeous. Of course, I will attempt to get pictures, but it isn't that easy ... they are very shy and elusive.

I downloaded you texture and will be looking for ways to use it soon. Thanks for the freebie ... I love getting new stuff to work with. PAF is going on hiatus, so I will be working on some different things to post. It will be fun for a change, but I will miss Bonnie's prompts and lessons.

Well, Edna, I have some commenting to catch up on. You get some rest before Sunday and fingers crossed that you have a dryer for your work clothes. Have a wonderful restful day when you get home ... and, as always, love to Pogo.

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

You are very cleaver to take some things with you like the instant coffee etc. Better to be prepared than heving to regret later.
It is still raining here on and off, not very hard, but weather is definately changing a bit. Tomorrow should be a great day with lots of sunshine and temps around 68 F!!
It probably is just for one day( a diffenrence of 8 degrees from one day to the other, ridiculous). Still next week we should still have something around 55F at daytime.
We;ll see, cross our fingers and enjoy what comes LOL.
Gas stuff went all well, now we will have to deal with our central heating. Okay, wewill struggle through the weekend and Monday we will call for it.
Hope Eddie could install your dryer, and your shifts will not be too hard this weekend.
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

No pizza in the freezer! That's just unacceptable. You always need to have at least one for an emergency.
Hope you get your shopping caught up soon!