Friday, April 5, 2013

Just A Short Post

April 5, 2013

This is just a short post today because I'm at work, and it's being a very busy day.  There is tons of laundry.  No one has done any all week because they ran out of laundry detergent, and no one bothered to let the family know that we need more.  So today, I am doing three loads of laundry using dish detergent.  One does what one must.

Add to that, the Mrs has been very cranky lately and not very cooperative.  I am using my imagination for her meals today because no one has done the grocery shopping this week so far.  On top of that, my back and one side are both quite painful today. 

Other than that, it's a pretty nice day.  Not too sunny, there are lots of clouds, and it is almost 60 degrees F.  I've been amusing myself thinking about what I would like on a new car if I decided to trade mine in.  I would stay with the Hyundai Tucson, but there are some things I would like on it.  A sun roof, a GPS system, Sirius Radio, decorative lights on the side mirrors, a smart mirror with a camera for backing up, and whatever else I can think up.  I don't want much, just a lot!!  lol.

Oh my, but I can dream, can't I?  I also think I would like a new bedroom set and maybe a new living room set.  Pogo needs some new shirts for the warm weather, and Momma could use some new tops.  As long as I am dreaming, I may as well dream big!!

Seriously, shopping in my mind takes the sting off the back.  Now, the washer has stopped and I need to get this last load into the dryer.  Then I can look through the cabinets to see what I can make up for the Mrs' lunch. 

For today's photo, I have an adorable nuthatch who is enjoying lunch at the Mrs' bird feeder. 


That's all for today.  Time to get busy here.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantastic day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

It's good to dream, because that's where all action begins. If you can dream it you can make it into reality.
I love the way the nuthatch is holding the seed in his mouth, very cute.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

"Other than that it's been a pretty nice day" ... are you kidding me? You must be a saint. I would be pulling my hair out if I were you. But, I do like the idea of shopping in your mind. That is a nice distraction and your wish list is certainly desirable. I would have added a new camera to my list because I am not happy with mine. It has been wonderful all this time, but I have never taken it any place that required a minimum of 400mm zoom. Of course I top out at 300 and anything bigger is going to cause me problems in the control area. Oh my ... don't have a good solution for this one. Open to suggestions if you have any. My husband would just say, don't go anywhere that requires 400mm zoom. I guess that is an answer, but not what I want to hear.

So I hope the Mrs. is okay ... sometimes there is a reason for "cranky". Maybe she isn't feeling well ... that happens when you get to be her age. When was the last time she had a check up? Just asking ... you know, nursey stuff.

Pogo has to be pretty excited that the temps are up in the 60's. We haven't seen that yet, but I think Izzi won't be happy about warm weather ... she really prefers the cool. Well, I have to go through my stuff and get ready for Izzi's trial tomorrow. Izzi has been a little lethargic today. I hope she isn't coming down with something again. An agility trial is not a place to be if you aren't feeling well. I'll have to keep an eye on her. You be well, Edna and I'll look forward to your garden shopping posts ... that is something I am thinking about at this point. Can't wait to see what you will be planting in your gardens ... Happy Spring (almost!).

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

Oh gosh you were really busy! And then with a painful back added to it, you will need soon some relaxation!
It's hard to keep spirits up with the Mrs. sometimes, isn;t it?
Let's be honest, how well would bwe do at her age??? May be we would be cranky too at times.
I too do sometimes some shopping in my mind. All dreams, but sometimes it is nice. Sometimes Jan and I imagine we should win a big price in a lotter and what we should do with it.
Weather looks to be okay here, but I think the temperatures let us down still a bit.
But, there is some sunshine and blue sky, looks to be less wind, so may be it is changing a bit to better and especially a bit warmer.
Have a wonderful day
Hugs
Kyra