Saturday, March 2, 2013

Only One More Day Till Vacation Time

March 2, 2013

It's five o'clock in the morning and I've been up for at least an hour.  Sleep is evading me.  I guess I'm just too keyed up thinking of anything that I might forget to do before Pogo and I leave tomorrow.  I'm sitting here watching old re-runs of "Three's Company".  Some of these shows were very funny.

This morning I have to go to the bank to get some travelers checks and then I want to stop by Best Buy and spend my gift cards before I lose them.  Of course, this won't be such a difficult chore for me.  Best Buy is one of my favorite stores.  This is where I get a lot of my new tech toys.

Yesterday I managed to top up my Broadband 2 Go stick all by myself.  I may not need it, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.  It wasn't too long ago that I used to have to sit down by the dumpsters  to get an internet connection.  (While on vacation in Florida)  Sad to say that it took me most of my two weeks to figure out that I could have gone to McDonalds and used their internet.

I have a fun photo to share with you.  Wayne and his lady friend recently went to Puerto Rico for a vacation.  One day when they were sitting on the beach, a large bug crawled up onto his girl friend's toe, and Wayne took a photo of it.  Here's his fabulous bug photo!


I'm not sure what kind of bug this is, but I do love those big round eyes.  If any of you knows what it is, do let me know. 

Pogo's doctor had told me to try  giving him one of his "calming" pills here t home to see  how they would afffect him.  She gave us these pills so that he would be calm on the plane trip.  However, when I tried yesterday afternoon to give him one, he turned into a great big vicious fighting dog!  I swear that if he had teeth, I'd only have shreds left hanging from my shoulder.

So we'll just skip the calming pills on this trip.  I need that arm to carry Pogo.  And it's hard to knit with only one hand.  I've noticed too that sometimes Pogo has a bad dream, and if you touch him to calm him, he will jump up fighting and snarling.  I hope I never meet the person who did this to him. 

On a positive note, Pogo gets excited now when he sees me reach for his little jacket.  He does his little happy dance and then sits so I can put his coat on him.  Last night, he learned to jump up onto my chair to sit on my lap.   He even gave me my second "lick" kiss yesterday.  My little guy never ceases to amaze me.

It's beginning to get light outside now, so maybe I'll just try to catch a nap.  The bank doesn't open for a few hours yet.  I'll try to get up a short post tomorrow morning if I can.  If not, Y'all have a great day and I'll be back on Monday.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Just dropped in to send you last minute wishes for a safe trip and a wonderful vacation for you and Pogo! I'll bet your girl is excited waiting for you to get there as well!
I'm sure pogo will do good on the trip once you get him settled in the plane! Try not to overtire today getting ready! Whatever you don't get done, can wait for 2 weeks! Chat again on Monday! Hugs for both of you! Mat

Miriam said...

Edna, enjoy your vacation and get home safe again....and a cuddle for Pogo.

Debby said...

Looks like a dragonfly to me.
Have a great vacation.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I agree, a dragon fly would be my guess as well. Cute as a bug, as the old saying goes.

Have you ever tried wrapping Pogo's pills in food. Something he really likes. I put Izzi's in cheese and she doens't even know it is there. Just in case he gets anxious, you do have options. Izzi flew up here from Texas on a plane when she was just a baby and she did fine, so I am sure Pogo will be fine. Izzi says "Bone Voyage, Pogo!"

I am excited for you. I love going on trips and especially to warm places. One of these days I will make it down there when you are there. My little trip to Nebraska is going to be exciting. A once in a life time event. I sure hope I am able to get good pictures ... I really don't know what to expect. Anyway, take it easy today. It sounds like you have everything under control so it should be a good trip. Enjoy, Enjoy, my friend. I will look forward to hearing from you when you get settled in.

Andrea @ From The Sol

aquascrap said...

Have a safe and wonderful vacation!

Hugs
Judy xx

smiekeltje said...

Poor Pogo, that he has sometimes "bad"dreams. There must have happened something real nasty to him in his earlier life!
Well, you try to rest a bit before taking off to Florida.
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

You were smart to test the meds first. I just read an article recently on that and how it's better just to go without the drugs.
Poor little Pogo, I can only imagine what he's been through to be so scared. It sounds like he keeps making progress every day though. You have a good time in Florida.
I look forward to hopefully seeing you next year in Florida as that will be our winter for the east coast. We'll have to coordinate a visit next year.