Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I've Been Busy Scrapping

March 5, 2013

Good afternoon from VERY warm and sunny Florida.   Audrey, Pogo and I just came back from the local Walmart.  We had to pick a few groceries, a new mouse for Audrey's laptop, and a memory card for my camera.  I went out without putting my card back in my camera.  I also left the spare cards back at the condo.  Gosh, I hope my brain catches up with me soon.  We took turns going in the store so that Pogo did not have to be in the car.

Last night and early this morning, I had a chance to make a couple of scrap layouts.  Audrey is becoming quite the marksman, so this first layout features her at target practice.


One day, I will have to dig out photos of Audrey as a little girl.  She did not dig in dirt, always wanted wear her little white gloves, and a pretty dress and shoes.  She was so very girlie girlie.  Who'd a'thunk she'd grow up to do taxidermy stuff and become a contender on the shooting range?  When I was young, I was a pretty good shot, but I never shot (with a gun) or stuffed an animal. 

At the same time, she is a loving mom and grandma.  Recently, she and Mac (hubby) took a trip to visit with their newest grandchild, Alena.  While they were there, we were able to enjoy a video chat online so that I could see Alena too.  Ah, the wonders of modern technology!  So here's my other layout of Audrey and Alena.


I used our latest collab kit "A Rose Is A Rose Is A Rose" for this layout.   I have a few photos of Pogo that I will scrap later.  Maybe later when it is a bit cooler, we can take a ride about town to look for some photo opportunities. 

Well, it's time to scrape together some lunch.  Pogo didn't each much of his breakfast so he's probably hungry by now.   He has been behaving so good, and he is a fabulous little traveler.

Now I'm off to rummage in the refrigerator.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

Healy H. said...

That's cool! Great post, thank's for sharing...

Stopping by from Mandarin Orange Monday- hope you can stop by:)

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

That is something I would do,Edna ... in fact have done on occassion, though I never traveled far from home without my CF. Does the brain ever catch up? I have given up on it being any different. I am just learning to go with the flow ... or lack of flow whichever the case may be:)

So what happened to the daily walks ... already you are driving everywhere in the car. Think of all the good pics you are missing by zooming by avec auto ... your prize winning photo's await.

Your Audrey is lovely and would never have guessed her to be a Grandma ... but well worth it when you look at that beautiful baby. So that would make you Great Grandma ... Oh my, you are way ahead of me. It must be pretty cool.

We are getting snowed upon again, though luckily the worst of it is further south. I am ready to do away with snow and I am surely hoping we won't have it next week when my friend and I are planning to drive to Nebraska. Not a pleasant thought. I have committed to staying home all day because of the weather so I am stuck with having to do some chores ... drat! Not that they don't need doing, I just wish I could just wish them away. That never seems to work though, so I am off to figure out where to start. I do need to take Izzi out so that is what I will do first. Enjoy your warm weather, Edna. Hope you and Pogo get out for a nice walk today:)

Andrea @ From The Sol

carolynf said...

I just recently found your blog. I am new to scrapbooking and enjoyed downloading all your designs as well as reading your stories about your dog. I am a dog lover and I have a Maltese that I love dearly.

I hope you have a wonderful vacation in Florida. My husband and I are going to start spending our winters in Florida. We have purchased a travel trailer which will be moved to Fla in November.

Nani said...

Great layouts, although, other than your creativity, Audrey is the only thing they have in common! (Scrapbook pages with me are like that too!) You said maybe you'd get a chance to do some scrapping in Florida! :)

I'm glad it's warm and sunny there. They now say we're going to miss the lion's share of the snow today/tonight. But it's still cold! Put some of that warm in your blog so I can warm my hands when I read tomorrow!!

Keep enjoying Florida!!

Hugs, Nani

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Great pages of your lovely daughter...love the one with your great grandbaby too! I bet Alena and Pogo would get along famously!
Bet you are glad you are in sunny Florida and not home for this next storm coming in...LOL! We hit 88F yesterday afternoon (tied records) but it dropped to 38 by morning with a 40+ mph north biting wind. 50 degrees in less than 12 hours...was brutal. March has definitely come roaring in like a lion in Texas! LOL off here for now! Chat more later, Have fun!! Hugs, Mat

smiekeltje said...

Love to hear you are having good times in Florida.
But may be you and Audrey can go by car to a spot and take a walk there? So pity to not enjoy the great weather.
Your Audrey looks fantastic!
Have fun together!
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

Audrey is quite beautiful and it's hard to believe you are a great grandmother. I'm still adjusting to the idea of being a grandmother.