Sunday, March 31, 2013

HAPPY EASTER

March 31, 2013

What a beautiful Easter morning we've been blessed with!  The sun is shining, and although it is cold at the moment, it will be super nice in a few hours. 

You know, people are funny sometimes.  Every year I collaborate with the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus to make sure that there are goodies left under the tree or on the kitchen table for the dwarfs.  And every year the dwarfs make sure to be in their rooms, or at least not looking, when the goodies are delivered and set up. 

Once my job is done and I have slipped backed into my own living space, the dwarfs come creeping out to see what was left for them.  These dwarfs range in age from 25 to 60 years old.  Such little things makes so many folks happy!  I hold the real Easter story close to my heart, but I also know the happiness that Santa and the Easter Bunny bring to us.

So, to everyone, I wish you a Blessed and Happy Easter Day.

Before I left work this morning, I happened to look out the kitchen window and see my first robin digging for worms.  This photo was taken through the window.


When I was leaving, I got this next shot of the moon.  It was still quite big and beautiful.


Now it's time for me to crawl into my cozy little bed and get some winks.  Pogo is sitting here, waiting patiently for me to finish my blog post.  Did I mention that the Bunny brought Pogo a piece of bologna and a new shirt?  Pogo ate the bologna right away, and I'll take a photo of him in his new shirt later.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous Easter Day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

A Blessed and Happy Easter to you as well, Edna and Pogo. What you do for your Dwarfs is loving and the Easter Bunny, though secular, is an extension of the love we are taught in the Bible.

It is cool and cloudy here today. We were supposed to get up to 50, but it is actually cooler now than it was when I got up. I suspect the cold front that is due to come through tonight is showing up early. But, not to worry ... I will have my family here today so it will be warm in other ways.

That is quite the moon picture ... looks like you could walk right up to it and grab a piece of cheese. What lens did you use for that. I finally got a good moon picture a few nights ago. I seem to be opposed to tripods (not really, I'm just too lazy to get it out and set it up) so night pictures are not my forte. But, this night I was sitting in my comfy chair and I looked up and saw the moon peering through the window at me ... turns out if I take the picture from the inside where there is light, I don't need my tripod. I will probably post the picture on Wordless Wednesday this week so you will get to see it.

We have had Robins for awhile ... it worries me because until this last week the ground was covered with hard packed snow, so there was no way they could get at the worms. They do supplement with berries, hopefully there were some left. I am seeing big flocks of them especially around the State Park. The State Park has so many nuts and berries around, in a mild winter the Robins just stay ... but not this year.

Izzi has been sick. She caught something that the Vet says is like Kennel Cough, but it is going around and even the dogs that have been vacinated against the Kennel Cough are getting it. She has been on antibiotics since last Monday, but this morning she started coughing again. She doesn't act sick ... forever wants to go outside and play, but I have to take it easy with her until we get rid of this. She has a Trial next weekend, so hopefully she will be okay for it. Izzi says "Woof" (Happy Easter) to Pogo. She got a new Frog toy for Easter which she really seems to like. I know they say dogs don't see in color, but I swear Izzi was liking the frog because it is green and she doesn't have any green toys. Who knows maybe they see more than we think.

I know you are sleeping so I will let you rest ... again, Happy Easter to you, Pogo and your Dwarfs.

Andrea @ From The Sol

The Queen Jester said...

Happy Easter to you Edna.
I love the visual image of the dwarves searching for their goodies. You make every day such a pleasure for so many people. Enjoy this beautiful sunny day.

smiekeltje said...

I can imagine the moves and actions of the dwarfs, trying tt indeed a little look LOL!It's so nice that indeed a little thing can make people happy.!
Oh, very curious about the next photo of Pogo!
Have a great day
Hug
Kyra