Tuesday, March 12, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EDDIE

March 12, 2013

Good morning.  It's cloudy and a wee bit wet this morning.  But that's okay.  It did not rain yesterday.  Instead, we had a fabulous day.  But the flowers and critters do need a bit of watering, so the rain is just fine with me. 

Yesterday I managed to get in a couple of little walks.  Hopefully, tomorrow, I will be able to take a longer walk around the whole place here.   I miss the walking and seeing all the different flowers everywhere.

Actually, I'm beginning to long for my own comfy home.  I love the weather here, but after you've done the flea markets and the local sights, it tends to get a bit boring.   There are only a few channels on the TV, with not many programs to choose from.  Thank goodness for having Xfinity on my laptop because I was able to watch a couple of my favorite programs. 

I'm beginning to sound like an ungrateful brat, huh?   I guess I just miss my family and my own bed.  Today is SIL Eddie's birthday.   Happy Birthday Eddie!  I hope you have a fabulous day.

Yesterday, I was treated to a lovely song from a cardinal.  He was sitting on a branch in the tree across from my unit, (first photo) so I tried to get a photo of him.  Once he heard the camera clicking away, he flew to the tree nearest me (second photo).   Here's a couple shots of him.



Later, on my short trip to the office, I saw this Mockingbird resting on a high wire.  He did not stay long once he noticed that I was trying to take his photo.


I think if I come back here again next year, I will leave Pogo with his foster mother (from the rescue agency) and then I can take a few side trips to places like Wild Animal Kingdom and Cypress Gardens.  Unfortunately, they do not alow pets.   I'm not complaining though, because I've already seen these places, and I'm enjoying having Pogo here with me.

Now I think I shall take me a nice shower, and then retire to the porch with my knitting.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a  fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good Morning...sorry been off my game a couple of days and been busy planting flowers...now I need to rest some muscles that are not used to that kind of activity, so will try catching up.
First, thanks for the visit and kind comments..appreciate them! Second, love, love, love the freebies made from you photos, thank you so much.
Love the photos you have posted, especially the "orange" ones. Audrey takes lovely photos too! Must get that from you, huh? Glad you got to spend some quality time together and with Pogo too! Glad Su is taking a rest as well and that you both got to visit, maybe Pogo is just jealous...tee hee!
I guess I best get up for a few minutes I hear a little herd running through the house so I think it must be about play time for a little bit. Then it will be time for a "treat", so will move around a bit and come back and scrap some hopefully! Have a beautiful Florida day and enjoy yourself this week! Hugs, Mat

The Queen Jester said...

Such a beautiful red color against the snow. I just saw a cute photo on FB with a picture of a cardinal saying "someday I will be a Pope".

Debby said...

Such beautiful pictures. Love what The Queen Jester said......the cardinal picture is so appropriate for today.
Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Nani said...

I always hear the cardinals sing here, but I seldom even see them, let alone get a picture! (Maybe they know I'm a Reds fan?) hehehe

I'm glad I'm not the only one who astats longing for home in th second week of a two-week vacation! David is with me the whole two weeks but we don't travel with the cats, so I think we balance out there. Not comparing Audrey to our cats, but David-Pogo.... :) He sometimes gets grouchy from driving, but his inner teenager is afraid we'll miss something if we take too long of a break. When we get older we'll be taking more relaxing vacations!

I like Queen Jester's comment too! I wonder how many of them dream of being the Pope versus dreaming of pitching on Opening Day? ;)

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Those bird pictures are wonderful!
Nice you had a few short walks. A bit moving from time to time is good for the body!
No, you are not sounding ungrateful, I have those mixed feelings too when on holiday. The first week or even two it's all okay, but then it slips into the mind, that home is just a whee bit better considering all LOL!
Would it be an option to go to another place next year for your holiday? Also in Florida, but another environment I mean.
I think you would be feeling very lonly without Pogo at your side!
Well, have a wonderful day, sniff up all the nice weather moments to take home with you.
Hug
Kyra