Friday, March 22, 2013

CONGRATULATIONS, AUDREY!

March 22, 2013

Good morning.  Well, at least it is now.  I was not such a happy camper early this morning when I had to go out and clean three new inches of snow off my car.  Old Man Winter needs a boot in the patootie to get him moving on out of here.  Enough is enough!

Yesterday one of the dwarfs went food shopping with me. When we got to the market parking lot, the sun was shining, and there was snow falling from the sky. I have to say that this was really beautiful. It stopped being beautiful when the sun when down and the snow did not stop. However, at the moment, it is not snowing and the sun is shining beautifully.

Today I want to share my daughter Audrey's good news.  She and her husband are into taxidermy, and this past weekend Audrey received an award for all  the work she has done for their association.


Her award reads:


Congratulations Audrey.  I think it is wonderful that all your work, time and effort is being recognized.  I'm so very proud of you.

I'm at work and the Mrs will be waking soon so I want to get my new photo art posted for Photo Art Friday This week we were asked to make a self portrait.   So, I photographed my eye, and then blended in a few photos of things that I think are a part of who I am.  I used the "Dropped Petals" texture from PDPA, along with a gradient and blending mode from Photoshop.


 I can hear the Mrs stirring so I really must get busy here.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

8 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Well just go ahead and kick out man winter's butt right out of there. He left here long ago, but will try to stick his nose back in on Sunday but we won't allow him to be here long. ROFL...!
Well, have chores to do so guess I better get busy. Lovely surprise from Kyra...look at my blog when you get a chance...I made one simular from her kit without seeing the one she sent you....so funny!
Have a great weekend! Hugs for you and Pogo! Mat

Anonymous said...

congratulations to your daughter!!!
and amazing collage you've made!

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

A great digital collage of what captures your eye and attention, Edna!

Nani said...

We have pretty sunshine right now...I should lean out the door and take some flower photos...but it's still so cold! (David calls that "Sweet Nani Wine" But he spells it with an h, hmph. The thing is this weekend, when I can ask him to get the photos, it's supposed to be gray, with snow and rain on Sunday!

Congratulations to Audrey on her award. I have a pretty hunk of glass in out living room that I got for a promotional spot I produced and I know that being recognized for your work, your passion, is an awesome feeling.

Thank you for the encouraging comment on my blog that it's not a lack of guts, but you know I immediately did a ceiling check after I read it! :) But I have time to get over it, right?

May the spring actually come to all of us in the north soon!

Hugs, Nani

Currie Silver said...

really cool beans!! well done!

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Yes, by all means, Congratulations to Audrey ... she is quiet the gal, I have to say!

And you did an awesome job on your PAF ... I love that it features Pogo because he is your heart. As good looking as you are, though, I was expecting to see a little more of your pretty face .... hmmmmm.

I am still floundering, trying to get caught up with things. I haven't had a chance to go back and read back posts on anyone. Feel a little out of sync. Izzi got a big woof out of Pogo's note though ... she loves hearing from Pogo, her good buddy :)

My granddaughter is coming this weekend which means I have to attack the dust bunnies and think about cooking some food for the dear. She is easy to please, but I don't like to do fast food for her because it really doesn't teach her about good eating habits (what she doesn't know won't hurt her). This week and the weeks to come are are going to be pressing. My daughter has two dental appointments downtown each week and every Monday and Friday she has Physical Therapy (a torn meniscus after a fall). So Wednesday is my only free day. Izzi has classes on Saturdays and in April her Agility Trials start so Whoo Hoo, not a moment to spare. I sure hope I am able to keep up with everything.

Well, it is knocking on five pm and the gang is lined up in the kitchen and Chachi is expressing his opinion about it being the dinner hour. Sometimes I look for a closet to hide in ... seems like somebody always needs something ... ho hum. Well, you have a nice evening and talk to the "Mrs." about bringing Pogo to work ... what problem could he be? He would just cuddle up in his little house and sleep. Izzi thinks that would be a great idea for him :)So I am off and running again. Try to catch you tomorrow:)

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

Congrats to Audrey and her husband!
Yrah, we all have to gather and then kick Old Man Winter far away LOL!
I must go out today, but I will have to dress really warm, hard wind blowing from the East, so it's cold. There are a lot of kids on Saturday, who do their sports outside(like field hockey and football, but the associations ordered that all games are cancelled for the pupils and jumiors, cause it is too cold!
Brrrrr, I will have to walk fast and get into the house as soon as possible again.!
You "art"is real great, lovely done!
Have a good weekend
Hugs
Kyra

Ida said...

Bummer about the snow. It tried to snow here yesterday but didn't amount to much at all.
Your PAF piece is really fun. I love all the different things you blended into the photo along with your eye. We got to "see" inside who you are a little more through your eyes.