Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sky Artistry

February 13, 2013

Good morning everybody.  The sun is shining and a lot of the snow has gone.  This is amazing.  Almost three quarters of the snow has just melted away.  In a way, this is not so good because when it melts this fast it has to go somewhere.  Like in our basements. 

When Joe gets home later today, I'll have to ask him to check out the basement.  Plus, he needs to check the oil tank.  With the colder temps, we use a lot more oil to heat the house.  Groan, groan.

It's Wednesday, so DIL Janet will be here later and stay for supper.  Joe is cooking our meal tonight.  He will be making chicken and stuffing, and I will contribute mashed potato and green beans.  Janet usually brings the dessert.  It's a collaborative meal, and very tasty!

I got into a standoff yesterday with the dust bunnies.  I told them to move out, and they refused to leave.  They even threatened to sabotage my vacuum cleaner.  Those little devils!  Although I must say, it will be hard for them to find new housing in this cold weather.  So I agreed to give them a few more days to pack up and leave.  (I know, I'm too easy!)

Today I have some photos that show "sky artistry".  These photos were all taken on the same morning within a few minutes of each other.  It just goes to show that you miss a lot when you don't look upwards to the sky.




This morning, I am taping the Project Runway All Stars Season Two for Audrey.  They do not get cable out in the corn fields of Virginia.  Such a shame.  I remember several years ago, Congress allocating large sums of money so that cable could be brought in to these farming areas.  Makes we wonder what the money got spent on.  Hmmmm.

Now I think I'll make another cup of coffee, and start some laundry.  This chore always goes well and starts my day off good.  So till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs,  Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

May you win your battle with the dust bunnies, I've learned to look the other way and live and let live. Perhaps I can find a way to felt them into something creative at a later date.

smiekeltje said...

I think your dust bunnies seriously are afraid of you LOL! But I know they are very stubborn, so goo dluck with them!!!
How spectacular the sky sometimes can be, you are right we do have to look up more frequent.
Your dinner sounds yummie. Have a great day.
Hug
Kyra