Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Oh Wow! My First Kiss!

February 5, 2013

Well, I finally woke up!  It was so comfy sleeping late this morning.  I think I was just a wee bit tired last night.  It was a long shift, 21 hours, but it wasn't so bad.  During the night, we are allowed to catch a few winks as long as the monitor is close by so that we can hear when the Mrs moves or calls.  It's just not easy to catch those winks, because the Mrs is usually up several times during the night.  I got lucky and was able to get a couple of hours worth of winks.

Now to explain today's blog post title.  This morning, Pogo gave me his first kiss lick!  Oh boy!  This calls for a celebration!  I'll have to think of something special for lunch for my little guy.  It's okay to laugh at me for getting so excited, but this really is a big deal for Pogo.  Oh my, I'm so happy.

As I sit here typing, it is snowing lightly again.  Very lightly.  Here a snowflake, there a snowflake.  lol.  It should stop early today, and I think it's supposed to start up again tonight and on through tomorrow.  We'll just have to wait and see.

As I said yesterday morning, it had snowed lightly all through the night.  Not much snow, just enough to coat everything with white.  Even the field across the street.  Here's a photo I took yesterday morning.


A few days ago, I was looking through some old photos, and I came across a baby photo of one of my granddaughters.  I went to my daughter's facebook and downloaded a photo of this particular granddaughter's new baby.  If they were the same age, they could be twins.  I put the two photos together along with Amelia's newborn photo, and, see what I mean? 


The photo on the left is my granddaughter, Brandy.  The other two photos are her daughter Amelia.  Brandy is the granddaughter who, several years ago, competed in the Miss Teenage America pageant.  I just took a break to look up a layout that I had made with one of the photos in Brandy's portfolio.  This was posted on my blog on May 28, 2008.  I would predict that Baby Amelia is going to grow up to be a beauty like her mom.


Now I'm going to have a look in the fridge to see what I can rustle up for lunch for Pogo.  Later, we'll catch us a little nap because it's back to work tonight.  So till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

Nani said...

You can definitely see the family resemblance and then some! Pretty, pretty!

Congratulations on your first kiss! Who'd laugh at that? It is a big deal; it means Pogo has decided to give you unconditional love and trust. You've earned that kiss and should be shouting from the rooftop of your blog to let us know! I'm happy for you and Pogo both! I'd toast you but I need to make lunch and another cup of coffee. :)

Have a warm and fuzzy day!
Hugs, Nani

Debby said...

Oh Pogo loves you.
Your granddaughter is beautiful. They do ook so much alike.

aquascrap said...

What gorgeous photos of your granddaughter and great granddaughter. Your family definitely has the "beautiful" genes.

How sweet it is of Pogo to give you his first kiss. He knows he's got a beautiful Mama. Let's hope there are many more.

Hugs
Judy xx

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Well, I am guessing that raving beauty goes all the way back to Grandma and maybe before. A definite resemblance in the pictures ... now you need to dig out your daughter's and your baby pictures ... that's what I am waiting for :) We can do some genetic research right here on your blog ...

Don't you just love those sloppy wet kisses from our little furkids. I am like you, I relish them. Izzi is not a big kisser, but once in awhile she gives me a big slurpy kiss and I just eat it up. Good for you and Pogo ... it just keeps getting better.

We are getting snow off and on here too. Izzi absolutely loves the snow. She can be freezing and she doesn't want to come in. She is a wild women, throwing the snow around and running all over. I wish she could enjoy the outdoors in the summer that way ... but not to be. Her coat is too heavy. I have been told not to cut her coat because it protects her from the heat, but last year I could hardly get her to run across the yard she was so hot. I think this year I will try a short haircut and see if it makes a difference.

I took her to the vet today for shots and they aspirated her rump bump ... it is a cyst, so it is not an issue, but I will keep an eye on it just in case. Otherwise she is healthy and happy. It is after seven and I need to get some food on the table ... then sit down, put my feet up and watch a little TV. I love those rare free moments of relaxation ... I bet you do too. Don't work too hard, you need your rest, like the rest of us. Be well, Edna ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
smiekeltje said...

Amazing how much resemblance there is between mother and daughter !
And ghee, Brandy is a real beauty!
I can understand your happiness about Pogo's first "lick-kiss". You definately can tell, he is at home with you and feels happy with you.
How could it be different with such a good old girl, taking care of him in such a good way!!!!
Take some more winks, before going to work.
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

There's nothing better than puppy kisses!

The photos are great of the girls. They were beautiful as babies and as grown ups - what luck!