Friday, February 22, 2013

Have A Little Fun With The Rain

February 22, 2013

It's been a long night tonight.  It's four o'clock in the morning, the Mrs hasn't been feeling so good, and I'm tired.  I've tried to play with the new collab kit, but my brain is just not in the mood for design creativity. 

Parts of the country is being covered in snow, and other parts are getting lots of rain.  If you're stuck in the house because of the rain, try having some fun with it.  (You can do this with snow too.)  Get out your camera and take some photos.  In amongst all those raindrops, there are some fabulous photos. 



You don't even have to get wet.  Just open the window a bit or stand in the doorway with a cover over the top of your lens.  Try using the flash and then try the same shots without the flash.  Here's another branch that's just outside my door.


Now here it is layered with my texture 8043 and blended with "Hue" mode in Photoshop.


Seeing as how today is Photo Art Friday, I've layered the original photo with "Soft Reflections" texture from Bonnie at PDPA, and again used the "Hue" blending mode.


With all the different free textures available, you should be able to come up with some very pretty wall art.  While you're having fun with your photos, you'll forget for a while about the rain.

I think I've finally decided what to pack in my goodie box for Florida.  I'm going to pack a supply of Pogo's pee pads and a knitting project.  Between that, my laptop, my e-books and my camera I should have plenty to keep me busy.  So today I will finish packing up my box and have it ready for mailing tomorrow or Monday.

There really isn't much news for today, so I think I'll make myself a cup of coffee.  Mrs has been sleeping peacefully for several hours so hopefully she will feel better today.  Gosh, I can't believe how quickly the time has gone by.  I'm hoping that Spring will be ready to appear when I get back from Florida.  Wouldn't that be nice? 

On this note, I'll take my leave.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

9 comments:

helena said...

I like your attitude - rain means photo fun

Molly said...

Great editing... I am looking forward to having some foliage back on the trees soon. Winter twigs are getting dull now

Mollyxxx

Annemor said...

Rain is no excuse for not using your camera.
Grat result.
Mormor

http://www.starbear.no/mormor/2013/02/22/photo-art-friday-february-22nd-23rd/

Anonymous said...

these are beautiful. I love how the droplets catch the light!

Anonymous said...

these are beautiful. I love how the droplets catch the light!

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

You always find the bright side ... rain is something I have always enjoyed. I love a good storm and I love the smell in the air after a fresh rain. And, now I can take my camera out and add a dimension to my enjoyment of rain. We, however, are not being rained on. We just got another few inches of snow. Fortunately the worst of the snow went east before it got all the way up by us, so "the Snow Storm" we were expecting didn't pan out. But a new layer of snow for Izzi to run in is a good thing. We just have to remember that there is a thick layer of ice under it ... as I have already experience some slipping and sliding. Izzi is light enough that her little paws don't go that deep so she is safe for the time being.

Love what you did with your textures and color. Your creativity is showing :)

The weekend is upon us ... I am going out to dinner with my Agility friends tomorrow night. It should be fun. We have been in the same class for four years so we have all let our hair down by now and have a lot of good laughs together. I am looking forward to it.

You are leaving when? I know the clock is ticking and you will be basking in the warm sun soon. Oh how I envy the thought of it ... it shoudl be a wonderful time for you and Pogo. And talk about excuses to use your camera ... I have great expectations for you. Can't wait to see your pictures.

I must go to the Vet and pick up some food for my diabetic cat, so I will close for now. They open at one so if I get there early, I won't have to wait long. You have a wonderful day, Edna.

Andrea @ From The Sol

Ida said...

Oh my those raindrop shots are stunning. I really love the 2nd one a lot.

Some fun processing too that totally changes the way they look.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Been a couple of days since I been in here, been a little busy! But I caught up. Love the cardinal photos and the nuthatch is a real cutie, but I simply ADORE the photos with the raindrops! They are so very interesting!
Glad you finally decided on your goodie box. Now get it shipped as your time is really getting close. I know you are ready for some sunshine and especially the time with your daughter!
We actually had some sun today and no WIND! Was very nice even if it is 50 degrees cooler than it was Monday! LOL!
Getting ready for the weekend so got to get the rest of my laundry done, got my haircut out of the way a little earlier! Have my meatloaf in the oven as well as a loaf of Garlic/Cheese Beer Bread. It is beginning to smell wonderful in here! LOL! (I think I am hungry)!
Will check in again in a couple of days! Have a terrific weekend!
Hugs to you and Pogo! Mat

smiekeltje said...

What great shots of waterdrops! And love what youdid with the different textures. Unbelievable the change of a picture!
We have again the start of a sunny day, but with the wind coming from the NE it feels cold outside, with temps just around zero. Brrrrrr.
One thing is good, it stays dry, although around sunday it might rain, or it could be some wet snow. Then next week temps will go up a little bit and dry again.
Hmmmm, hopefully the wind will turn and if it needs to blow a bit, let it be a one from the south. Much warmer LOL.
It will be hopefully a designing day for me, started another kit and it might become a good one.
Have a great day,
Hug
Kyra