Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Dancing Snow Whirlies

February 19, 2013

Good morning on this rather chilly Winter morning.  It's 28F degrees but the weather man says it will get up to 47 later today.  That will really be nice.  There is still so much snow everywhere that it will take quite a while before it is all gone.  Oh dear, the weatherman just said that tonight we can expect rain changing over to snow.  Just what we need!!

So, you say what in the world are Snow Whirlies?  Well, that's when the wind keeps blowing big gusts and carries the top layers of the snow along with it, dancing in the air.  Yeah, I know.  Sometimes my imagination gets a bit carried away.  All this is on one cup of coffee.  Imagine what I could come up with on a couple of high balls! 

Well, anyway, here are some of the snow whirlies that were dancing all day yesterday.



Poor Pogo was not a happy camper yesterday.  He does not like it when I work extra long shifts.  Joe took him outside several times but Pogo would not do anything outside.  He would not use his potty patch or the big scatter rug either.  But as soon as I got home and opened the door, Pogo ran inside and proceeded to anoint whatever he could.  That will show me! 
 
I guess he still needs to be reassured that his new home is still his even if I go away for a while.  I can relate to that.  People have those same feelings some times.  Our furry kids are just like us.
 
Time is skedaddling on by, and now it's time for me to pack my goodie box that I send on ahead to myself in Florida.  This will be craft stuff and extra pee pads that won't fit in my suitcase.  When I get to my condo in Florida, my box will be there waiting for me. 
 
Michael and I started doing this years ago because it's easier than carrying an extra suitcase.  I just have to decide what sort of crafty things I want to pack.  Audrey enjoys making jewelry, so maybe I will pack some of my beads and tools.  Hmmm, we'll see.
 
Now it's time to get a few things done around here.  So till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Debby said...

Just in case I don't get back here, have a fun trip in the sun. Hope it is restful and that Pogo loves it. I am leaving tomorrow to go to Colorado but taking my boots. Going to see four of my grandbabies so I don't care about the weather.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

We are a day ahead of you weatherwise. We had the warm then the rain and today it is back in the teens and blowing the snow whirlies all over. Unfortunately, right under the snow is a thick layer of ice that was partly there then added to by yesterday's rain. It is trecherous out there. Izzi and I had to cut out Frisbee game short because it was so cold with the wind blowing ... besides it is so slippery, I didn't want to stay out there until I found a place to fall on, if you get my gist.

I am off on another excursion to the Dental Clinic this afternoon. Thankfully the roads aren't slippery, just my yard, ugh! Then home as soon as we can get here and into the warm house. I think I am ready to throw in the winter towel. When it rains and then turns cold, the dampness goes right through to my bones ... can't seem to get warm.

Well, you will be in Florida soon and all of the rest of us will be green with envy ... that is probably the only green we will see around here for awhile. Your package to yourself idea is great. Trying to take extra on a plane is a pain, to say nothing of expensive. I will keep that in mind next time I am headed off somewhere I need to fly to. We will be driving on our little short trip to Nebraska, so there will be plenty of room for extras and no time for extras ... hmmmm. Anyway, I best go get myself prettied up for my travels downtown. You have a good, warm day, Edna ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

The Queen Jester said...

Pogo must have a larger bladder than I do, I don't think I could hold it that long. Hopefully in time he'll relax his guard and become more trusting.
I can't wait to see how he enjoys Florida. We'll be doing Florida next year so perhaps we can finally meet then.

Anonymous said...

Love the snow whirlies it makes the photos very pretty. Happy planning for your trip.Hugs Elee

smiekeltje said...

Wow, Pogo did a brave job, holding his pee and all for so long. At some time i think he will get used to the fact that you are away for a rather long time, but then he will know you always come back.
You'll have fun preparing the box for your trip. It brings it so close now, great!
Hug
Kyra

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Lovely photos of the whirlies! This morning we had a sleet shower and are expecting more severe weather tonight...LOL! It hit 80 on Monday and today will not get to 50 even and with the rain it feels so very cold to my bones...I know, nothing compared to what you have, but such a big difference here.
Hope Pogo does well on your trip to Florida! i know you are getting very anxious to go and am sure Audrey is ready for you to come too!
Well, off to finish some promised errands so guess I better hush for now. Hugs, Mat