Friday, January 4, 2013

Where Is The World's Largest Desert?

January 4, 2013

The sun is shining, and there is still plenty of the white stuff on the ground.  It's 23 degrees F, working it's way up to 34.  Wow!  A winter heat wave!   There is a very large desert in China that is covered in snow.  No kidding! 

I'm watching the weather channel (what else?).   I learn a lot of very interesting things from watching this channel.  Like, do you know where the largest desert is located?  I didn't, but now I do.  It's the continent of Antarctica, which is the world's driest place.  The Sahara is the largest hot desert.

Learning has always fascinated me.  I've had a love affair with books and reading since I was big enough to pick up a book.  During the war (WWII), when I was a little girl, we didn't have much money so my folks would shop rummage sales for a lot of our things.  You could buy a whole box of books for very short change.  Every trip to a sale brought me a new box of books.  Except for my sweetheart, the handsome little boy living across the street, books were my best friends.

This brings me the topic for Photo Art Friday.  We are to make a piece of photo art that features a word to inspire or guide us through this new year.  After much thought, I've chosen the work "Seek".  I am so aware of the beauty all around us, and I want to be able to capture as much of it as I can with my camera.  I want to learn more about all this wonderful technology that we have.  I just want to keep on learning. 

I've just erased all the info pertaining to my photo art for today.  When I am able to post photos, I'll re-post the info.    For some reason, I cannot upload any photos to my blog.  Please bear with me while I check on this problem.

SORRY FOLKS,  NO PHOTOS TODAY.  I just took a look at Blogger's help posts, and it seems that I'm not alone with this problem.  There are quite a lot of folks looking to Blogger to fix this problem.  There is no "browse" box for us to upload our photos.  I added my inquiry to the list, and now I will just have to wait and see what happens.  If and when the problem gets fixed, I'll get caught up with my photos.

Well, I think I'll just have me another cup of coffee and try to unravel my rather annoyed nerves.  I used to be so good when problems arose, but sad to say, I'm not so patient any more.  I'm going to play with Pogo and maybe do some laundry.  That seems to have a soothing effect on me.  lol.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

O No...blogger having problems? Nothing new!! Glad you have sunshine, we are double your temps, but still cloudy and gray from the snowstorm south and west of us that is dissipating as it goes below us. We are to have mid to upper 50's until another front comes in Tuesday! Have a great Friday and weekend! hugs for you and Pogo too!

Debby said...

Guess I won't even try to post today. Have fun with Sweet Pogo.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Here it is seven o'clock and I am just getting to reading and commenting ... what have I been doing all day? I Couldn't tell you. I know I spent most of the morning struggling with the same issues you had with blogger ... very frustrating:(

I sent you an e-mail telling you how I got around the problem. Maybe you could still post your "Seek" picture. I would very much like to see it.

We have been very cold today ... I never saw the temperature, but I could feel the Brrrrrrr Cold when I went out. And, Izzi was full of all kinds of energy today which usually tells me that it is really cold. I am a little disappointed that we haven't had a winter warm spell because I could take my visiting bird outside if it would get into at least the 30's. He is a migrating bird, so he can't tolerate the cold the way it is.

The little boy next door got a new basketball hoop for Christmas and he and his buddy have been out in the freezing weather banging the basketball all day. Now I love it that boys have energy and love to play sports, but Izzi thinks someone is coming every time he bangs the ball so she has been barking and stressed all day. Sometime's I wish that I lived way, way out in the country with no one in ear shot of me. Peace and quiet I say ... that would be nice.

I am ready for spring. I don't think we got this cold last year at all. Our lake is frozen and within days the snowmobiles and ice fisherman will be taking over everything ... then the birds and the eagles will leave. Everything is a trade off. I just hope nobody gets hurt this year. We lose somebody every winter in snowmobile accidents ... very sad.

Well, I clearly am in a crabby mood. I can't think of anything, light and funny to say so I best call it a night. Hope tomorrow is a better day ... Good Night. Edna ...

Andrea @ FRom The Sol

smiekeltje said...

What news is that? Blogger having issues?? It's noting new LOL!
Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
I too always loved reading, and all kind of things. And yes, in my young days we also had lots of books of second hand stores, or rummage sales. It didn;t matter, most important was that we had books.
I am reading far too little the last years, don't know really why.
I get sleepy after a while and that didn;t happen in earlier days. I remember to get to bed rather early and then read for hours. Feeling sorry to have to go to sleep, but had to get up early next morning for work.
And when I go to bed nowadays, most of the time I touch my pillow and kabam, I am sleeping LOL.
Enjoy your day.
Hug
Kyra