Monday, January 7, 2013

Oops, My Lack Of Memory Is Showing

January 7, 2013

Good morning.  It's 5:45 a.m. and I'm still at work.  The Mrs is sleeping, and I'm watching the weather channel.  They are promising us some warmer temps this week, and I can't wait!    At the moment, it is 26 degrees F, and working towards  35 degrees.  Starting tomorrow, the next six days will all be in the 40's.  Woo Hoo!

The photo upload problems on Blogger are still not fixed.  I've been advised by a few folks to install Firefox.  Last night I gave this some serious thought, but I would rather wait until I have someone to help me do it.   I will call Su later this morning from home, and see if she can talk me through it.  If not, then it's time to call Wayne, my computer guru.

I know how to press the download button to get the new program.  My problems start when the prompts start asking me to make choices, and pick items to change, etc.   You know, some time ago, I looked into the local senior center to see if there was someone there who was knowledgeable about computers.  I was hoping to learn some things but there was no such person there at that time.  I think maybe I'll look into it again.

Now for an explanation to the title of this post.  Once again, I have missed Jasmine's birthday, and sent her greetings on the wrong day.  I think now I have that figured out.  Jasmine's birthday is really on the 5th of January.  The 6th of January was my daughter Kerri's birthday.   So maybe I am subconsciously thinking of my daughter when this particular date comes around.  In any event, I know that Jasmine counts on me being late and finding the extra dollars in her birthday card.  (A dollar for each day that I am late.)

Today I was hoping to have something to post for Mandarin Orange Monday.  Sad to say, the upload problem won't allow me to do this.  I'm hoping to be back on schedule soon.  I also had a freebie to post, but that too will have to wait until things are back to working again. 

I can hear the Mrs starting to stir, so it's time for me to get back to work.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

aquascrap said...

Thanks for stopping by Edna. Here in Adelaide we have more of a dry heat. This year though we have been having more humidity than I can remember. I don't mind the humidity as long as the sun isn't shining.

Today it got to 41.7C (107F) but Wednesday it goes down to 27C (80F) The country is having a lot of bushfires, the worst being in Tasmania so far.

Next Sunday we are going on holiday to Sydney. Not looking forward to the drive over there if this heat continues. Thank goodness for air conditioned cars.

I see where your day is just about to begin, I am ready for my bed.

Have a nice day
Hugs
Judy xx

smiekeltje said...

Happy belated birthday to Jasmine!
Edna, I hope you quickly will be able to install Firefox. It isn;t so hard to do, even I can figure it out! Just be sure to uncheck boxes if they ask if you want to install AVG tol/search bar. Don;t install .
But I think it's a good browser, sometimes even a bit smarter than Internet Explorer.
You can do it!
Cross my fingers for you!
Hug
Kyra

Nani said...

You could also subconsciously work those extra dollars in for Jasmine! :)

Sorry you're having photo troubles to start the New Year. I have some catching up to do with my reading, but I wanted to make sure I stopped by to say "happy new year" and let you know I'm back after my little "vacation" (at the most expensive "hotel" I've ever stayed at!) I figure I'll have caught up and really rejoined the world of the living by the end of the week. :)

I missed you for my morning coffee, Edna!

Hugs, Nani

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

I'm no guru but installing Firefox was no problems, just uncheck the toolbar to not install it. The rest will take care of itself. Hope you get it fixed soon because I miss your photos!
Thanks for stopping by my site too!
Hugs!! Mat

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

So what happens when you upload Firefox? Will you still be accessable in my blog or am I going to have to go looking for you? I can't believe this is still going on. I can't help thinking Google is blocking our use of other servers. I am still able to do everything on Chrome, but it isn't as good as going through AOL. For some reason when I hit publish, I have to go back and hit it again to get my blog page. Same with other sites that I want to go to ... I have to hit it twice before the blog actually comes up. Pretty disgusting ... you would think with all the computer geniuses out there, they could figure this out!

My Bird's Handler is sick so he is going to stay with me at least another day ... Oh, I am so disappointed, NOT! I mean, I am not happy that she is sick ... But, Bird and I are having such a good time. I will try to send you a picture on e-mail once I download them.

I have to go to the feed store for bird seed this morning then to Sam's. I am out of a bunch of things and have been too busy to go replenish. I might do a little shopping at Pet Smart while I am over there. Sam's is about a half hour away, so I like to do everything I can think of in one trip.

Thank you for your nice comment on my MOM picture. I do get inspired once in awhile. Everyone's interpretation is more positive than mine ... I am still being an angry Old Poop because of our political mess. But, I can see the positives in the picture as well. I am hoping I will be able to conjure up more interprative art work this year. That is part of my rekindle plan :)

As for memory issues ... ha! It is so good not to be alone. And I am guessing Jasmine loves it that you forget (maybe a little subconscious planning on your part). Who knows if our subconsious is having memory issues as well ... hmmmm, interesting thought:)

So you will have the post from .... when you are able to finally put your pictures on. I can't wait to see everything. I miss that part of my morning lift. Maybe today will be the day of solutions and we will be getting Edna, as we know her,again tomorrow. Think positive, I always say ... Be well, Edna

Andrea @ From The Sol

The Queen Jester said...

It is so good to know I am not alone in the lack of memory department.