Thursday, January 17, 2013

It's The Flu!

January 17, 2013

Good morning.  It's only 4:50 a.m., but my days and nights seem to have run amok.  No big deal.  I hope that not being here yesterday did not cause any worry.  I slept a bit late in the morning, and got up in time to feed Pogo and then get ready for my doctor appointment.

The doctor confirmed that indeed I did have the virus.  Thank goodness I had my flu shot a while back.  I can only imagine how much sicker I might be without it.  He said that a light case should run itself out in a week or so.  He also gave me a couple of scripts for cough medicine and a nasal spray.  When I went to fill them, I got quite a surprise.  Medicare does not cover any of this stuff, so it would cost me $170 to fill both scripts.  Needless to say, I said "no thank you" and left without them.

So, I'm sticking to my Alka Seltzer cocktails, juice, water, hot tea, and whatever else that appeals to me.  Pogo seems to know that I'm not feeling my best because he wants to cuddle more.  Well, that's okay with me.  It feels good to fall asleep with Pogo lying across my chest.

Obviously, I'm not out shooting lots of photos of all the snow that fell overnight (Tuesday to Wednesday).  But I did take a photo of my newest blog book.  Currently, I have a book printed at the end of every six months.  But now I may have to reconsider breaking the year down into three books. 

My new book had 441 pages.  WOW!    I thought I was cutting back on the amount of photos, but I guess instead I've become quite the chatterbox.  So instead of fewer pages, each book gets fatter than the one before.  Ah well, here's the photo I have to share.
As you can see, I've changed the picture on the front cover to a piece of my photo art.  And , of course, Pogo is on the back cover.   These bigger books are getting a bit pricey, but in the long run, I think they are well worth it.  

Now I'm going to make a hot cup of tea and hop back into bed.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a great day.  

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Nani said...

I could roll up onto mt soapbox and speak of the only civilized country in the world without socialized health care, grumble, grumble.... Medicare should cover all drugs that are prescribed by doctors. I grumble about it because I got a shot and some pills in the hospital that helped me get over the flu part in about 3 days. Continue to rest and keep warm and don't do anything that does anything but feel comfort. The flu is nasty this year. (I say this because I seldom catch things)

I'm glad Pogo is doing his part in keeping you comforted! I like your book! I am truly behind in keeping my full journal up! Gotta fix that.

Rest up, Edna, and get well. I'm keeping you in my prayers and sending good thoughts that the nasty flu bug leaves faster than it came in!

Hugs, Nani

The Queen Jester said...

I am so sorry to hear this - it seems to be hitting everyone very hard. We both got our flu shops - at a pharmacy in Albertsons food store! We even got a coupon for 10% off our groceries on a one time shopping trip for doing it. I'm not sure why so many are hesitant to get the shots, I'm a big ole wuss and I didn't even feel the needle going in, so it's not like it's real painful. I know many of my "natural" friends avoid this kind of thing, but I like to walk the line between natural remedies AND Western medicine and take the best from both worlds. You take care now - lots of fluids and I hear that snuggling with a small, cute dog helps also.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

So sorry you have the flu! I am trying to stay away from crowds by staying at home! Feel better soon! The best medicine is rest, lots of fluids and loving from Pogo! Loving your books. I have mine printed as well! They are so fun to thumb back through! :)
You and Pogo have a fab weekend! Hugs! Mat