Monday, January 28, 2013

Are You Getting Old Waiting For Your Wrinkle Cream To Start Working?

January 28, 2013

I'll bet that caught your attention!!  You know, I was watching TV a few days ago, and a commercial came on, and that was the first line of the ad.  It really tickled my funny bone, and I thought "Why this would be a fantastic title for a blog post."

Actually, there's more to it than that.  Many years ago, my hubby (God bless him!) just happened to mention that we were collecting a few new wrinkles.  Well that did it!  I bought me a jar of wrinkle cream, and several more over the years. 

But when I look in the mirror now, I realize that while I've been waiting for all these creams to start working (they never really did), I've turned into an old lady.  With wrinkles!  My gosh, I have wrinkles in places I never dreamed would wrinkle!  Oh well, at least I'm a happy little raisin.

I have a photo to share for Mandarin Orange Monday.  I'm sure I probably showed it a few years ago, but it's perfect for MOM.  I love my dolls, (especially my witch dolls)  and my favorite color is orange, so one year my daughter Audrey made this little witch doll for me.   Isn't she just precious?


I took a lot of photos of the sky this morning on my way home from work.  Once I have a chance to look through them and pick out a few to share, I'll post them. 

Boy oh boy, I really should have invested in the tissue company.  Especially Puffs!  In the last three weeks, I have gone through at least ten boxes of tissues.  Twice, I've had to re-stock my supply.  Sad to say, the nose is still going strong!  I sure hope it dries up before I leave for Florida.

I picked up a couple of  "Big Breakfasts" at McDonald's this morning for Pogo's sitter and myself.   I gave half of my little sausage patty and a big chunk of scrambled eggs to Pogo.  He ate every bit of it, and is now asleep curled up beside me.  I  think he's a happy little kid.

 So now I'm going to drink my coffee while I do a bit of blog reading.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

p.s.  I forgot to post your freebie, so please stop by tomorrow to pick it up.  Thank you for your patience.

6 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely pic show ~ great photography and love the kitchen witch your daughter made ~

Carol of A Creative Harbor ^_^

The Queen Jester said...

I love the doll, her face is precious! One of my favorite colors is orange also, it's such a happy color. You have a good day!

suruha said...

I didn't know you collected dolls! Maybe I did and just forgot! The witchie doll is so unique! I like that!

I'm going to go ahead and post the last parts today. Then, I'll be caught up. I'll mention that you'll have a freebie tomorrow. It's all good!

You get feeling better!

Hugs, and Love!

Su

lorik said...

I enjoyed reading your post - it made me smile. I especially liked the bit about being a happy little raison! Years ago one of my students called me that - at that time I wore a lot of purple - and I am not very tall:) I don't think the wrinkles had started back then though. Here in Australia, we sometimes say happy little vegemite (it comes from a ad jingle of the 50's).
Your little orange witch doll is cute - she looks like she is going shopping.
Thank you for being part of Mandarin Orange Monday:).

smiekeltje said...

Hahaha, wrinkle creams, well, best is to use moisterisers, that may help a bit. But all the other stuuf, just costs a lot of money with practically no result.
We will have to lie with the fact we get wrinkles when getting older. It's going graduately, so we can get used to it LOL!
Love the orange witch. She has a terrific expression on her face.
Have a lovely day.
Hug
Kyra

aquascrap said...

Oh, that witch doll is just gorgeous and your Audrey is so clever to have made it.

Sorry to hear that you have got that dreaded lurgy back.....hope you are feeling better real soon, and don't take it with you when you go away.

Hope you have a great day. My bed is calling me so I am going into dreamland. Goodnight

Hugs
Judy xx