Sunday, January 13, 2013

A New Bed For Pogo

January 13, 2013

Good morning.  I'm still at work, and it's dark and very foggy outside.  When I drove to work last night, the fog was pretty thick in spots, but it has been super thick all through the night.  Hopefully it will be cleared up a bit before I have to drive home in it.

I want to thank you for your very good advice in the comments yesterday.  I never gave a thought to the salt content in the deli meat.  I think today I will cook up more hamburg and rice for Pogo.  Then it's back to the doggie food for a while.  Hopefully, he won't go on strike for too long.  It's very difficult to eat my own food when he looks at me like he's starving.  Breaks my heart!  (It might be a good way for me to diet, though!)

Yesterday, I went on E-bay and ordered an adorable soft sided doggie house/bed for Pogo.  It was only around $21 with free shipping.  If he likes it, I'll order another one to leave in Joe's room for when I work nights.  Here's a picture that I copied from the web.


This looks like it will be quite comfortable.  I ordered the large size so that there will be room enough inside for Pogo's blanket and maybe a toy.  Something like this might also be good for doggies that do not like thunder and lightning.  The closeness of the inside space gives a sense of safety for the doggie.  I'm sure kitties would love this too. 

I'm still waiting for Blogger to fix the problem of not being able to upload photos to the blog post.  I have to use Firefox in order to post with photos.  Ah well, I guess if everything ran smoothly, there'd be nothing to complain about.  lol.

Last night I worked on another freebie to be posted here soon.   Later tonight, I hope to chat with Su so that we can discuss what we will be doing for February.   Speaking of February, I just looked at the calendar.  Gosh!  Only seven more weeks and Pogo and I will be on a plane heading for Florida.   Oh, that does sound good!

Did I mention how our trip on Friday turned out?  No?  Well......talk about fiascos!!!   Pogo and I got in the car and drove off, stopping at the bank and then the gas station to fill the gas tank.  Then I pulled over to the side of the parking area and got out my "smart phone with the GPS".   I turned on the GPS and it said "You have no service."  Excuse me?   This think was working just fine the night before.  Then I tried to make a call and got the same message.

 I drove forward a few feet, and tried again.  I got the same results.  After poking several buttons on the phone, I was able to make a call to Eddie.  Maybe he could talk me through this predicament.  As it was, he could not.  So then I called my sister in law, Edie, to get directions.  Guess what?  No one is answering her phone.  I left a voice message, and then Pogo and I turned around and went home. 

So much for our day out.  Maybe we'll try again later this week.  We'll see.  The Mrs is stirring so I must be getting back to work here.  Pretty soon it will be time to go home.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Oh my, Pogo. Your Mom is out to spoil you ... Good for her. Such a life, a new doggie house/bed. I know you will love it and it can be your safe place. I agree, lunch meat isn't good for dogs. It probably isn't good for us either because of all of the preservatives and salt, ugh. If you have a Trader Joe's near you , you can probably get lunch meat that is free of all of that junk. Meanwhile, I sometimes cook chicken for Izzi, just for a change. But, she is on a diet right now. She is four pounds overweight and that is not good for her. Especially when she is so active, the extra weight is hard on her joints. So it is small portions of dry food and minimal treats (only for training). She is not too happy about her diet, but she will feel better without the extra weight. My Hubby is a big culprit ... he can't say no to those big brown eyes. I have to get on his case because he is always overdoing the treat thing.

I have decided that this is the year of getting rid of stuff. I have boxes of things I have collected over the years and they just sit because I haven't figured out how to get rid of them. Some I can just give away, but some are worth a little too much for that, so I need to find place for them. I am thinking that some of them I will give to some of the fund raising auctions in the area. There are some causes (like rehabing wildlife) that are close to my heart. Anyway, this is all going to take some organizing and some searching for good outlets. I think I have my work cut out for me.

Well, I see you have already finihed your artwork for Friday. I haven't even done my MOM piece for the week yet. I guess I need to get on the stick. I hope you have a wonderful Sunday. We had a dusting of snow last night so everything is white again ... I do love the snow, just not the cold :) Be well, Edna ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Nani said...

Pogo’s new bed looks so sweet! I hope he likes it! As far as kitties liking it, I bet if we tell them “no,” they’d like it. :) They tend to stay away from new things we give them and “discover” them a couple weeks or months later. Hmph.

I’m sorry to hear about your smart phone acting dumb. I hope you can get to you SIL’s house this week.

Hugs, Nani

The Queen Jester said...

I love the bed - that is so darn stinking cute! I'm definitely in kitty mode these days. My new bargain with myself is that as soon as I loose 50 pounds I will be entitled to two kittens to join us on our journeys. That might just be the motivation I need to get out and walk and eat better. I've been eyeing up the front dash board and figure there might be a way to stuff a pillow between the window and the drivers controls to even it out a bit more, and then perhaps a cute little bed like this one somewhere else for when they are afraid. It's exciting to look around and figure where they might to. Good thought on the lunch meat, I used to feed that to my kitties but now I realize it may not have been a good choice. You have a good day.

smiekeltje said...

Oh my, your trip wasn;t a success! What was the matter with the GPS and phone? Did you have contact with Edie already?
Strange things can happen to us.
I love the doggie house for Pogo. I am sure he will love to be in it.
At first he might look at it and walk around it perhaps, and leave it alone and suddenly you will find him in it. Or.....he just jumps in. You'll never know how our pets will react on things.
Soon you will have to prepare your suitcase for your trip. Yes, it will be needed sooner than you think!
Have a lovely day
Hug
Kyra