Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Lazy Start To A Brand New Year

January 2, 2013

Good afternoon.  I confess, I've been very lazy yesterday and today.  Just hanging around in my fuzzy blue robe.  It does feel good.  But sooner or later I will have to get back to my normal everyday routine.  Actually, I would like to be a bit more energetic this year. 

So, I think I shall take Pogo to visit with my sister in law this week.  She is such a sweetie and I haven't seen her for quite a while.  There is a great little car parked right outside my door; and I think I should use it for more than just traveling to and from work.

I also think I will try to go on a photography workshop this year.  There are quite a few good photographers who offer some really nice trips.  Pogo's foster mother (from the rescue agency) has offered to babysit Pogo for me while I attend the workshop.  This will be fun for all of us.  Actually, I bet my sister in law would love to babysit Pogo too, but the last time she and her hubby babysit a little doggie for me, they kept my dog!!  Can't have that!

This month, my first project is to get my taxes in order.  Then I shall buckle down with my photo and camera learning.  I should also etch out some time to rearrange some of the clutter in my house.  Oh yes, I am really very good at cluttering.  But now I think it's time to cut back on saving things.  The problem is what to give up.  Hmmm, this will take a bit of thought.

I have a very interesting photo that I took in my little garden near the shed.  It's the remains of a bush (or tree) that was cut down some time ago, and this stumpy root was left.  I'm not sure why it was left, but it is rather interesting.  (Photo was taken on 04-16-12)


I'm watching the weather channel, and they are saying that we can expect lots more snow heading our way.  They are just not saying how much, when, and where.  Actually, one of the forecasters has just got a fit of giggles and finally had to walk off the stage.   Hmmm, whats so funny about snow?

It's time for me to sign off now.  Pogo is wanting some attention and has been climbing all over me.  Do you think that's a hint that he wants to play?  lol.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Debby said...

Was Pogo a rescue. How old was he when you got him. I think he is a he.
Funny about the news person. Something else must have happened.
Safe travels if you decide to go on your trip.

smiekeltje said...

I gave up a little bit on making plans. well, they are hiding somewhere in the dark corners of my head, LOL but often when I make plans, something comes up in between.
So I'll let it come how it comes, and we'll see.
Be careful for Pogo, we can;t have it that a doggie sitter keeps the dog!!!
Have a lovely day
Hug
Kyra

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Taxes, Ugh! Rearranging clutter, Ugh! Camera outing Woo Hoo! Don't you wish we could just do what we want to do and not bother with the "shoulds"?

I have clutter too ... 70+ years of it. I would love to get rid of some of it, but am not sure where to start. Can't really sell it ... People aren't buying "stuff" now with the economy the way it is. Some I can give away (and will) to a fund raising group of choice. I already have several bags of cloths to give to the Veterans. Some of my "stuff" is too good to give to just anyone. I need to find someone who will appreciate it. I also have a basement full of boxes of "stuff" from both my parents and Hubby's parents houses. I had thought auction for those things, but, like I said, nobody is even selling at this point. I sure hope I live long enough to see the economy get back on track so I can dispose of everything ... I hate the thought of leaving my son with that burden.

I, too, have been spending lazy days. I am wiped after the holidays and needed a break. I think the stress of it all is why I ended up with my ugly cold ... which is slowly improving. I am even cooking (if you can call it cooking)fast food for our meals ... you know, open the package, throw it in a casserole dish, throw it into the Microwave and then serve it:) For what it is, it doesn't taste bad, but I can only imagine what kind of "bad for you" junk is in it. I don't read the ingredients because then I would be forced to go back to cooking from scratch.

My Cat Thursday post is for you today. Take a look and see what you think :) Have a wonderfully lazy day, Edna ...

Andrea @ From The Sol