Saturday, December 22, 2012

You Better Watch Out, You Better Not Cry, You Better Not Pout, I'm Telling You Why...

December 22, 2012

Woo Hoo!  Only three more days to go!!  It's a little after three in the morning and I've just finished the last bite of Nani's loaded loaf.  (I think that's what it was.)  Oh my, yum yum yum!  And the peanut butter krispy squares are gone too.  Oh dear, there must be a mouse in the house.  But a nice mouse!

The rest of the goodies are in the box still, and safely tucked away behind the tree.  I'm saving them for Christmas.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll put one of the cookies out with a nice hot cup of tea for Santa on Christmas Eve.  By the time Santa gets to my house, he's rather cold and hungry.  This is a tradition with Santa and me.  On the years when I have had to work on Christmas Eve, Santa would always stop by my job for a little visit and a snack. 

I will be working Sunday evening and right through till 3 p.m. on Monday, Christmas Eve day.  Then I will go back on Christmas night.  The Mrs' family will be with her on Christmas Day, and I will be with her on Christmas night. 

I can't wait to watch Pogo on Christmas morning.  Everything new excites him so.  Hopefully I will be able to get some good photos of him opening his presents.  I would love to get a little video of Pogo doing his little happy dance.  This little guy is just so precious and brings so much joy to everyone around him.

Yesterday, it rained all day right up till about 2 p.m, when the sun finally came out.  While it was raining it was also very windy.  At times the wind gusts got pretty wild.  I took several photos of the rain (through the window),  including one where a little bird was enjoying a fabulous bath.



Later this morning, I will go to the supermarket and buy all the fruits for my fruit baskets.  Plus I need to stock up on more doggie food for Pogo.  Other than that, Pogo and I are just going to enjoy this wonderful holiday.

I believe tomorrow is Su's birthday, so if you have a moment, maybe you could stop by her blog and wish her a happy birthday.  I know that would make her feel oh so special.  Now I think I'm going to crawl back under my cozy blanket and catch a few more winks.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I love your little Junco ...we get them here too, but only in the winter. They are the cutest little birds.

Rain, Rain go away ... because it rained here and then it froze ... all ice. I put "salt" (special safe for Doggie paws salt) out on the sidewalks, but not the driveway. It is too big and would take too much salt, so I am warning everyone who comes to tread carefully on the driveway. Of course you know who will take a tumble ... yup, you got it right. Izzi and I go out that way when we walk and it won't be the first time I was concentrating on what Izzi was doing and stepped on a patch of ice, Oh my!

We have someone coming to look at our furnace today. Of course it would start leaking water in the winter. We had one person out and he sait "Replace it"! Like that is an easy thing to do, ugh. We are getting a second opinion and a hopefully better quote on the cost. Nothing lasts anymore ... that's because everything is made in China and they don't give a hoot about quality. If I were working for $.99 and hour, I probably wouldn't give a hoot either. So anyway, that will take care of any hope I had of taking a vacation this year. We are talking in the thousands here.

But, back to the happy stuff ... I am ready for Christmas. I have a few more stocking stuffers to wrap, but that is it. I am still looking for a good ham recipe, but have 3 days to find it ... or not. Guess it depends on if I need to go to the store for ingredients. I am even stuck on what to serve with it. We always had turkey or Turduckin with dressing. Everyone looks forward to my dressing and will be unhappy if I don't make it ... bur Ham and Dressing? Oh well, once they have all overeaten, they won't care what they have had :)

You and Pogo have a great Christmas, Edna. And give Santa a hug for me when he stops by your work. He is sure one of the good guys and he knows you are a good person too ... all that you do for others. You deserve the best. Happy Times ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

aquascrap said...

I looked at the photo of the rain through the window and thought "now, wouldn't that be nice". We are sweltering here.....35C today, 39C tomorrow but Christmas Eve it drops back down to 26C with some showers (maybe) and Christmas Day 26C.

I am all ready for Christmas, and have 1 excited little girl that I have to refrain from wanting to open presents. We have been out seeing some wonderful houses and their lights. Hope the photos turned out.

Hugs
Judy xx

The Queen Jester said...

Nice photo of the junco in the rain.
We got our mail today and found your lovely card and calendar - that was so thoughtful of you! Thank you so much. I don't know how you get so much done.