Saturday, December 8, 2012

Only Seventeen Days Till Christmas!

December 8, 2012

Good morning and welcome to my soggy little patch of New England.   You guessed!  It's raining.  This week, the weatherman is promising us four rainy days out of seven.  Well, I guess that's okay.  I went by a nearby reservoir, and the water level was down a bit.

I went through the "drive through" window at the bank yesterday, and put smiles on at least four people with my "Rudolph" car.  That makes the whole idea of the car costume worthwhile.  It's always good to make people smile. 

I'm not getting on a bandbox this morning, but oh boy, what a sticker shock I got at the post office.  Costs for mailing packages have increased 50 to 100 percent since last year's holiday mailings.  I know it's expensive and I plan for it, but wow!  Such a big increase!  The clerk did tell me to try to keep package weights under three pounds, and it would be much cheaper to ship.  Hmmm, food for next year's thought.

BUT, I feel so much better now that most everything has gone.  I have one box left to mail, but not until next week.  And, I have one gift left to buy.  That too, can wait till this upcoming week.  I have a couple of fruit baskets to make, but I like to do them very close to Christmas.

I moved things around a bit here, and got my table in place, ready for the Christmas tree.   So, depending on my schedule and how tired I am, the  tree will go up today or tomorrow.  Now it's time to get busy working on next Christmas!

 Today's photos are ones that I took a week or so ago when we had the snow.  I know some of you are hoping for snow, so these are for you.



My little munchkin, Pogo, loves curling up in fuzzy fleecy blankets.  I got him a blue plaid fleecy throw, and he immediately rumpled it all up and crawled into it for a nice little nap.  Here's my little guy enjoying his new blanket.


Now it's time for me to put on another cup of coffee and maybe think about running the vacuum around a bit.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Nani said...

I love your Rudolph car!!

I'm closer to your neck of the woods this weekend and we had a dreary drive in mostly rain and fog yesterday. Now it's just gray. We'll be doing the post office sticker shock this week when we get home. Not looking forward to spending that money, but I love sending cards and packages!

Your card this year is sweet! Thank you!! :)

Try to stay dry, Pogo too!

Hugs, Nani

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Pogo makes the sweetest little Christmas elf. I loved your card ... it was perfect. Thank you so much. Pogo is very special and I am so happy for both of you ... I know it's love and it doesn't get any better.

We had a light dusting of snow last night. So light, in fact, that I didn't even notice it until I got outside with Izzi. It is pretty much gone now. But, still wet and cold ... Brrrrr.

Today is my Agility group Christmas party. All people, no dogs :) It is much easier to carry on a conversation when you arn't tending to several antsy canines on leash. The dogs are always excited when they are going to run ... they love the sport as much as we do. I am wearing jeans with sparkles on them ... I am a believer in comfort and I don't really like getting dressed up ... but sparkles will do the trick, I'm sure.

For some reason I am not getting your comments in my e-mail any more. I get them on the page where they are to be published, but that doesn't allow me to comment back. Could you send me your e-mail so I can carry on a conversation with you once in awhile? I used to get them that way. I'm not sure what happened.

I got my Christmas cards yesterday so I will probably get them out by the first of the week. I actually started wrapping presents too ... woo hoo, I'm getting there. I found out that my Granddaughter won't be coming until after the first of the year ... I am very disappointed. She has always been the highlight of our Christmas ... Sad, Sad!

Well, it is grey and dreary out here and I need to whip myself into some kind of frenzy so I can get some things done before I go partying. You have a wonderful weekend Edna. Hope you get your tree up, as planned.

Andrea @ From The Sol

The Queen Jester said...

He is such a cutie!
Snow? Rain? I haven't seen rain for so long here in the desert I've forgotten what it looks like. And when we see white and fluffy stuff on the side of the road it's cotton that blew off a truck. It does seem strange to be entering Channukah and Christmas season without the white stuff....but I can't say I mind it, at least not yet.