Thursday, December 20, 2012

Has Your Man Been Singing Soprano Lately?

December 20, 2012

Good morning.  Yup, we're up early again.  Actually, I'm up.  Pogo had his breakfast and went right back to sleep.  If I ever get back to sleeping through the night, it's going to feel funny. Ah well, at least while I am up early like this, I do get a few things accomplished.

This morning I did a bit of research on a product I've been seeing advertised on TV.  The product is mens' wear called Ballroom Jeans by Duluth Trading Company.  Imagine!  These jeans are made with a hidden crotch gusset, giving them lots of room for crouching without singing soprano.  They start at $49.95 and up.



For those folks whose skin is in need of healing, they sell All Good Goop for $8.95 an ounce; and for the man who has almost everything, they have a fabulous lock pick for only $24.95. 


 
I have to tell you folks, I really enjoyed myself browsing around this company's web site.  I found one product that everyone could use once the warm weather comes back (some of you already have the warm weather).  This item is called a Hydro Neckband.  Just soak it in water and it will keep you cool for up to twelve hours.  It's not very expensive either, only $8.95 each.  I think the price goes down for two or more.
 
 
So gals, if you have a manly man in need of more room to crouch, do check out the Duluth Trading Company.  He'll surely appreciate it.
 
My other accomplishment was taking care of Pogo's and my travel arrangements for our upcoming vacation.  I saved about $200 dollars by getting our airline reservations now.  I'll wait till sometime in January to make the auto reservations. 
 
Yesterday the mail lady brought us more packages.  One was the replacement grass patches for Pogo's Potty Patch.  One was for me from Nani, and one was for Pogo from Izzi, his new friend.  I put Pogo's package on the floor for him to check out, then rescued it and put it under the tree next to my package.  Nani, I have to be good and wait until Christmas to open it.  My Dee Dee checks up on me now to make sure I'm not opening gifts.  (she's such a spoilsport!)  lol.
 
Now I think I'll have me a cup of coffee and maybe wash up the few dishes that I left in the sink earlier.  So till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Nani said...

Who is ballroom dancing in jeans?? I guess you could be practicing. I’m going to check out that site.

You really shouldn’t wait until Christmas to open your box! You know, from me there’s the unspoken “open right away” label. If you open it now, you can share it with Dee Dee. :)


Merry Christmas, my friend...(Which makes opening the box okay officially)

Hugs, Nani

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Oh, you missed the best item in the Duluth Catalog ... the long tail tee shirt to solve the problem of Plumbers' Butt ... No, I am not kidding. They say it right in the catalog. I have been buying Duluth products for my Manly Men for a long time ... they're great!

Glad Pogo's gift made it to him in time for the big day. Like Nani, he doesn't have to wait. I'll leave it up to you.

I had another lunch with another friend today ... pulled chicken on slider buns, yummmm. It all tastes so good until I get home and the guilt sets in. I promised myself I would control my weight over the holidays, but not doing so well at this point.

We are getting our first snow. It is not soooo impressive. It is a mix of rain and snow so it is mostly just sloppy. I am hoping by morning it will be a little more fluffy and Christmas like outside. Izzi was so excited. She started running full speed and nearly pulled me off of the porch... then she turned around and ran back. She loves the snow so I am always happy when it comes. Too bad we can't figure out some way to have snow and warm weather at the same time .... hmmmm.

My hubby just reminded me that Burn Notice is going to be on in 5 minutes. It is a two hour season finale. I have been watching him since the show began several years ago. I enjoy good action programs. Sort of feel like I am getting my exercise vicariously while lounging in my chair, ha! Anyway, better call it a night. Hope you manage to sleep through the night tonight. You need your rest, right? Be well Edna ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

You come at the funniest websites, like the one for the jeans. But to be honest, it could solve problems for some men LOL.
Ghee I hope my package will arrive in time! It is taking it's time to arrive.
Well, there are still some days before Christmas.
Have to go posting now and then must go out.
Have a great day
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

I'll have to check into this catalog, if nothing else for the humor of it.

I have wore the neck cooler things and can attest that they work. Don't need them right now, but in the summer I'd wear them when working at outdoor events while doing chair massage and have used them while gardening. It's amazing how comfortable they can make you. I've seen them at places like Wal-Mart or Target for less though, at least without having to pay for the shipping.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

LOL! The original Ballroom Jeans are called Diamond Gusset, made in TN and most motorcyclists wear them, they even make them for women, I have a couple of pairs because the gusset has no seam for women to have to sit on. The neck collars, we have been wearing them for a long time when riding in the hot summers around here. Easy to make...bandana and the crystals used by florists! Well, off to get those chores finished. have a great weekend! hugs, Mat