Friday, November 2, 2012

A New Toy To Play With

November 2, 2012

Good morning.  It's cloudy and a bit on the nippy side, but I'm sure it will warm up some when the sun comes out later this morning.  I'm at work, so this may be a rather short post.  I did want to share something fun with you though.

Yesterday, the new toy for my camera came in the mail.  It's a Raynox Super Macro Conversion Lens.  (Model DCR-250)  You know me.  I had to try it out right away.  So I put it on my Tamron lens, and went outside to find something to practice on.

My pink rose tree has some tiny new rosebuds on it that are about 1/2 inch in size.  One had a couple of petals just beginning to unfurl.  I had to use the tripod, and get right up close to the bud.  My photos aren't the best, but being my first try, they aren't bad either.  Here's a pretty one of the rosebud.


When I have more time, I will try to do photos of "with" and "without" this new conversion lens.   I took another interesting one of a little orange mum, but I'm saving that one for Monday.   For anyone who is interested, this new toy costs under $80.   Today if I get a chance, I'm going to try it with my 50mm lens. 

This week coming up, I want to start getting caught up with my photo class lessons.  I have started them, but with this cold that I have, I've not been in the mood for watching videos and studying.  All things in time.

Yesterday, I did a bit of research on airline ticket prices.  Ooooweee!  The prices keep going up.  I get emails telling me of super duper low prices if I book now, but when I check them out, they are not so good.   I really don't like that kind of advertising.  Tickets to Orlando starting out at $149 round trip actually turn out to be more like $600 round trip. 

Well, I've prattled on enough.  The Mrs will be awake soon and wanting some breakfast.  So till tomorrow, take care and Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good Morning...what a lovely photo of the rosebud. So beautiful! I agree with you about the airline fees, I have been checking too and all those extra fees are not such a good deal...LOL! Hope you and Pogo have a terrific weekend! We tied high records yesterday in the weather department and supposed to break them today! But the sunshine is certainly lovely this morning! Hugs, Mat

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I read three days worth this morning ... I don't even realize when I get that far behind. Your Halloween had to have been a hoot ... I love the Pogo Penguin pictures.. Been there, done that. I finally gave up on dressing Izzi up. Besides she gets so "protective" when the creepy trick or treaters come to the door we end up having to put her in the bedroom. No monsters are going to get her Mom and Dad! Your daughter and SOL are a riot. It must take them all day to get dressed up for the haunted house. That's another thing I don't do anymore ... I don't want to put the old ticker to the test in a place like that. My Granddaughter, on the other hand, would love it.

I love th effect of your new conversion lens. Tell me, will it adapt to any camera? I have a Canon and I would like to try it. You are having fun already with it and doing a great job. You are smart enough to use your tripod ... I think I am too lazy to drag my tripod around, so my Macros are hard to come by.

So where are you flying ... I must have missed when you told us ... and when. It sounds like maybe you are headed south, yes? You will have lots of great pictures to share when you travel especially of all the birds that are going south with you. I am excited for you :) I have hopes of possibly going to Florida in January ... nothing definite though, so we will see. Have a wonderful day Edna ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

The Queen Jester said...

what a fun lens this will be! I love macro photography. It's always good to have a new toy.

smiekeltje said...

This picture is awesome!!!
Oh whee, I am sure we will see some marvels from you, taken with this macro lens!
And yes, be careful with those"super low tickets prices". It's often that when you read the tiny small letters you will have to pay loads of extra costs and then it isn;t so cheap anymore. Or you only can fly on certain times of something like that.
So look around for more safer deals.
Hugs
Kyra