Sunday, October 14, 2012

Big Big Birthday Coming Up Soon!

October 14, 2012

Brrrrrr!  The weatherman promised us a nice day today, but he's changed his mind since last night.  During the night the rains came, and it's still raining.  Even though the temps are supposed to get up into the high 60's, it feels damp and cold.  The sun might come out later today, but I'm not counting on it.  Tomorrow's forecast is for sunny and mid 70's.  Gosh, I hope so!

The Mrs' birthday is coming up in two weeks, and that's when I'll be posting her photo.  She'll be 95 years young, and still going strong.  I keep telling her that we'll have a big party when she turns 100.  That is, of course, if I'm still working there.  I'll be close to 8o years myself.  That will most certainly deserve a nice party!

Yesterday, I took some photos of Pogo while he was napping with his lime green Tweety Bird.  In the first photo, they are both having happy dreams.  Then I woke him to get him to look at the camera.  I know, bad mommy!



The blanket is a new one that I bought at Costco, sort of sage green and very furry.  My little guy just loves to cuddle up in fuzzy blankets.  I'm thinking of buying a few yards of acrylic furry blanket material, and making little blankets for each of his little beds.  He has three little beds.  One for our living room, one for out in the main part of the house, and one for Joe's bedroom.  (Joe is his night time baby sitter.)

Daughter in law, Janet, brought Pogo two beautiful presents.  One is a Halloween sweater, and the other is a penguin costume to wear for going trick or treating on Halloween.  These next couple of weeks, Pogo is going to be busy learning how to ride on the broomstick without falling off.  I'll probably have to put a little basket on the broom with a little safety belt.  Lordy, the things I do for this little guy!

Now I have to get busy and get the rest of the new collab kit uploaded.  Tomorrow, we'll be posting the next two parts for you.   After  that, it will be nap time for me.  Tonight is another work night.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

How Handsome he is in green...I see he stuck his tongue out because you interrupted his dreams....LOL! Great photos. Rained lots here last night and early morning too, we so needed it! But it is still in the 70's even early in the morning! Have a great day! Hugs, Mat

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Hi Edna, It's raining here too. It is clearly warmer than it has been, but the rain keeps it feeling chilly.

I love Pogo ... he is so cute and such a good boy. And he has done so much for you by being there and loving you in return for all that you do for him. My Izzi has a long double coat, so she doesn't like warm and fuzzy ... I have what we call her cooling bed for the summer and she uses it all year round. I do love the lime greens though, they really suit Pogo. I can't wait to see his Halloween costume with him on the broom ... you are so funny (and creative).

Today I go to my second Raptor Review class. I hadn't worked with the Raptors in four years and now I am hoping to get back into it. They are wonderful birds and I love the education part of it. I am working through the Northern Illinois Raptor Center ... these are a group of people I used to work with at the other Rehab center ... they were able to keep up with it on their own, I had to take a break when my husband got sick. Anyway, it feels good to be back into it.

Congratulations on the Mrs. 95th. Hoping to see that myself some day. I'll be up close to 80 with you. Maybe we could celebrate our 80th together ... Wouldn't that be fun. Have a good rest and I'll see you tomorrow.

Andrea @ From The Sol

The Queen Jester said...

He has such shiny little eyes - so cute! It must be fun buying things for him to wear and play with. You have a good day and I will be watching for the photos of the Mrs. We will be leaving here Tuesday and who knows what kind of internet connection I'll have next.

Nani said...

Pogo is so super-cute in all that green! You definitely make each other happy! Looking forward to seeing him as a penguin!

Kelly and I spent the afternoon at my Dad's and managed to get lucky with the rain! It rained really hard while we were in CVS on the way home, but there was a little sun and no rain when we left. The rain missed us all the way home and now we're being rattled by super wind shaking the house.

In case we lose power, I need to get going!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Your little Pogo is just as sweet as candy! Oh yes, you definately will have to give him a few broom stick flying lessons. We'll be looking out for you two on Halloween night! LOL.
Edna, what is age?????? Just a figure!
We will have years and years to go, older of body, but getting younger at mind(hopefully not too much) LOL!
Have a lovely day,
Hug
Kyra