Sunday, September 9, 2012

Just Call Me "Duh"!

September 9, 2012

Good morning.  It's quite soggy around here because it rained on and off all night long.  I must say, though, that the sun is doing it's best to come out and shine. 

I seem to be having more than my share of "duh" moments lately.  Just last night, I packed my work bag, put in my little laptop, and took out the mouse that goes with it.  So of course, once I had the Mrs tucked into bed, and took out my little laptop to play a bit, I got a surprise.  No mouse!  I could not use the touch pad (which I don't like to use) because I've had it turned off and could not figure out how to turn it back on.  Duh!

I took Pogo out for a walk around the yard yesterday, and took some new photos of the flowers that were blooming.  I also got photos of another dragonfly and some other "buggy" insect.  This one I have to look up on Google to see what it is.  I'm thinking it's a wasp or hornet, but I want to make sure before I share it's photo.

Here's the dragonfly.  He was a bit flighty, and only sat for a second or two before he flew off over the fence. 



And here's a pretty shot of my Rose Of Sharon.  I tried to buy more of these plants at Home Depot a few days ago, but they had none.  I'll have to keep trying.


Today, we were going to plant some new bulbs in the garden, but it's quite soggy out there.  Maybe tomorrow afternoon will be a better time for this.  The gorgeous orange, pink and blue iris bulbs that we planted last year were eaten by some hungry rodents, along with most of the other bulbs that we planted.  The other day, I bought new iris bulbs (same as the ones that we lost) and some parrot tulip bulbs. 

I have my large container of cayenne pepper that we will sprinkle all around these new bulbs.  Hopefully, this will keep most of the bulbs safe from the rodents.  Also, we haven't seen the fisher cats for quite a while now, so maybe they've found a new place to live.  Oh yes, that would be nice.

I'm keeping a close eye on the weather channel on TV.  A couple of tornadoes touched down on land in New York yesterday, and we've all had severe weather warnings.   Mother Nature isn't ready to slide into Fall without lashing out a bit. 

Right now, I'm going to see about making some breakfast, and then maybe have a nice nap.  Tonight is another work night, and then I'll be off again till Friday.  Tomorrow, I'll be posting the first two parts of the September collab kit.  Till then, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Nani said...

I always worry about taking my computer someplace and forgetting the mouse; I have the touchpad, which I don’t like either, turned off and I can’t turn it back on without the mouse!

Do you put the cayenne pepper right in with the bulbs when you plant them? I’ve been considering planting some new bulbs when Kelly visits next month, weather permitting, if for no other reason than to replace my favorite tulips near the front yard that never came back this year. After the veggies that got eaten in the spring, I want to take precautions!

Looking forward to seeing this month’s kit debut tomorrow!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

That Rose of Sharon is beautiful. You can find them in diffenrent colors, you know?
Cross my fingers for you, that your bulbs will survive and give beautiful flowers!
Have a nice day,
Hug
Kyra

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Oh, I love it, Edna. I have so many "duh" moments on a given day it is hard to tell them from the normal functioning moments. I love that you can laugh at yourself ... such a healthy attitude. Otherwise, it could get pretty depressing, right?Love your Rose of Sharon pictures. You have the same variety as mine with the double flower. they are beautiful and prolific. Hope your day turns out the way you planned it ... happy :)

Andrea @ From the Sol

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Gorgeous Rose of Sharon, they are scarce here at any of the plant places too! I love them! I've used the cayenne before too, I should use it on the grass hoppers that are trying to eat my hibiscus! LOL! Great job on the dragonfly too! Have a lovely day! Hugs!!

The Queen Jester said...

I need my mouse also. I could manage for a short period of time without it if forced to...but I like the feel and convenience of it.