Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Head Cold And Fleas. Life Is Good!

September 12, 2012

Well, it's good afternoon here.  This morning, I got up to take Pogo out and then crawled right back into bed.  For some reason, yesterday evening I was feeling rather cold.  This morning, I was feeling like a head cold coming on.  Oh goodie goodie, just what I need right about now.  This is not a good time of year to be getting a cold.

Today, the sun is shining and the temp is in the low 70's.  Just right for being outdoors!  Maybe Pogo and I will have us a stroll around the yard this afternoon.  I do have a bit of laundry to and it can't really wait.  When Pogo goes outside, the fleas ride back indoors with him.  This just adds to the amount of laundry, and of course probably another flea bath for Pogo. 

Well, the new bulbs got planted yesterday afternoon.  Joe and Pogo and I went out to the garden to decide where  to plant them.  And yes, the Cayenne Pepper was used.  I'll put a little more down today too.  Just because.  Maybe next year we'll have orange, pink and blue irises, and some beautiful parrot tulips.

I have a beautiful peace rose to share with you today.  It has all delicate tones of yellow, peach, cream and pink.  Very pretty.


Here's the same flower right after a gentle spraying (Joe was watering the garden).  I just love how things look covered in water drops.  Isn't this pretty?


Last night I worked a bit on next year's calendar, and then I worked on some new photo art.  I can't show it to you just yet because it's for the next Friday Photo Art.  This one took a lot of thought.  The theme for this week is to make a photo collage that says something about what I am in seven words.

Several years ago, Walmart had cute lightweight vacuum cleaners on sale for $35.  Seeing as the brand name was Dirt Devil, I bought one and put it away for a time when it would be needed.  In the main part of the house, appliances are replaced more frequently than mine.  I already had a good vacuum that my brother had bought for me.

This past year, things are feeling heavier to me, so I put my big vacuum out into the main part of the house, and now I use the little Dirt Devil.  Wow, it is so much easier now to do the vacuuming! 

My friend Kyra's cat Dikki Dik is not doing so well.  Gosh, I know the pain of when our furry babies are not feeling well, and they can't tell us what is wrong.  Pogo and I are hoping that Dikki Dik is feeling better real soon. 

Now I'm going to get busy and start the laundry.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Nani said...

The rose is beautiful!

When Kaline found us she had fleas that probably made up half of her one-pound weight! Nasty things. Does Pogo have something preventive or do the flea baths work well? We had to do an external treatment on Kaline.

Sending a prayer for Dikki Dik to get well quickly.

Off to fix dinner now!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

I truly hope your upcoming cold will not break through. A cold is never nice to experience, it's always playing on your total condition, sucking out your energy. Stay warm.
Ha, Pogo loves companu I read, but fleas aren;t the right ones for him and you LOL!
Thanks for your concern for Dikkie Dik(Nani too!), we will keep an extra eye on him, as much as we can, cause he is a real ourdoor cat and has his places where he spents his time. And it's no good to keep him inside, he has to do his potty thing outside. Jan said we will see how he does today and if there is no change we will take him to the vet tomorrow.
Okay, have a lovely day, take care of yourself.
Hug
Kyra

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Gorgeous peace rose and yes so very pretty with the water droplets on it! You can have your yard outside sprayed for fleas and then poor Pogo won't have to have so many flea baths! Hope you feel better soon and yes, I am praying for Dikki Dik too! I really have a soft spot for cats! Off to get my mammogram (yuck) but will chat more later! Have a great day Hugs, Mat

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

The frontline should kill the fleas on Pogo. You really only need to worry about cleaning up the ones in the yard and the house. I am sure you can spray outside and the house would have to be fumigated, ugh. But, you really don't want the fleas in the house ... they can cause you more problems than Pogo because you don't have Frontline :)

Your pictures are beautiful. I assume you have grown these beautiful roses in your yard. The lady with the green thumb, right?

I too am struggling with the friday prompt ... very challenging. I think Bonnie has been inspired after her break. I have no doubt you will come up with something we will all enjoy ... looking forward to it. Rest, lots of fluids (with electrolytes), vitamin C and zinc. Get rid of that cold, Enda, we can't have you being sick! Be well ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

The Queen Jester said...

I'm so relieved to hear you have the head cold and Pogo has the fleas, I was afraid you had both of them - that would be miserable. Hope both of you are feeling better soon.