Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Beware The Wicked Thumbdrive Fairy

August 01, 2012

Good morning.  The rain has stopped and it's quite nice outside.  Pogo and I have just come in from his early morning jaunt to the nearest patch of grass.   The Mrs' love affair with Pogo has come to an end.  This is the last time he is allowed to come to work with me.  So this week, he will have to learn to stay with the sitter when I am at work. 

Last night, I cropped a couple of really cute photos of Pogo and Miss Bunny to share , but sometime during the night the wicked USB thumbdrive fairy showed up and ate them.  Strange!  This is the second time this has happened to me.  It happened a couple of years ago when I was in Florida (on a different USB thumbdrive.  I have no idea how or why it happens.

So instead, this morning I will share a couple photos of the roses on the newest rose bush in my yard.  (I took these photos this past Sunday)  The colors are just gorgeous.



I also have another different dragonfly photo to share.  I took this one a few days ago here at work.  This dragonfly was a bit larger than some of the others, and mostly black, and sat just long enough for me to get a couple of photos.


It's almost time for me to start packing up my things and head home.   My little guy is standing here by my leg and motioning for me to pick him up.  So I guess it's time to close up my laptop.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

gorgeous roses....smashing color. Hug Pogo extra tight...have a terrific day! Hugs!

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Hi Edna, I have been catching up on your blog. I have been taking my daughter to the dentist and the doctor and then at night I find myself hooked on the Olympics so suddenly I have fallen behind. I am loving Pogo ... he is fragile and adorable. You make a cute pair and I am upset with the thumb drive fairy for eating your good pictures of him. I assume there will be more ... soon:) I love your replacements though. Your roses are more than beautiful. The color is rich and the pictures really capture it. And an Orange Dragonfly ... what a beauty. I have never seen an orange dragonfly. What a bit of luck! So now that you used it, you will have to find another orange something for next week ... hmmmmm. Glad you and Pogo are doing so well. Sorry he can't go to work with you anymore, but he will enjoy sleeping while you are gone and then be full of energy when you get home (I speak from experience). It is after four and I need to make a few more stops and get tomorrow's post ready. Izzi has class tonight so I won't be able to watch the Olympics or work on my blog. I don't know how I end up being so busy ... I am supposed to be retired. Hope you have a nice day ... Glad you have been getting rain. We could still use some. Catch you tomorrow.

Andrea @ From the Sol

The Queen Jester said...

It's too bad you can't continue to bring Pogo with you to work. Oh well, it's her call.

Thank you for introducing me to Andrea. I had asked her for some advice on the blogging and she took the time to write back a lengthy reply with a great deal of wisdom.

smiekeltje said...

Oh what a pitty that the Mrs. won;t have Pogo with you anymore.
Hmmm, I suppose he can live with that, as long as he can snuggle onto your furry blanket LOL!
What a wicked fairy! She must have thought you could do better with the photos so this is a "kick in the butt"to just make more and more photos of Pogo ROFL. But it's strange how sometimes those tecky things don;t do what they are supposed to.
Still, I think you can enjoy your day.
Hugs
Kyra