Tuesday, July 3, 2012

More Is Not Always Better

July 3, 2012

Good morning.  It's quite lovely outside this morning.  Abut 79 degrees F, heading for the mid 80's.  The weatherman has just now announced that we could have severe thunderstorms tomorrow.  What really concerns me is the fires that are still burning in Colorado. 

People have died, hundreds of homes are gone, and God only knows how many tens of thousands of animals have perished in these fires.  It keeps bringing me back to my old questions "when are we going to put in a water pipeline?"  I sincerely believe that there has to be a way to pipe all the excess water from places being flooded out to the areas that are burning from lack of water.

In the news, they are talking about the huge fireworks display that Washington DC will be putting on.  It makes me wonder why it is so okay with our government to be putting on such a costly, lavish display when we have so many people with no jobs, no home, no food, no nothing.

Our government needs to wake up.  More is not always better.  The people in charge of how our money is spent need to learn what priorities are and how to budget.  They need to learn how to work FOR the people.  Goodness me, I thought that was what it was all about anyway.  Somehow, our politicians all yell loud and clear how honest they are and all the wonderful things they will do for us.  But once they get elected to office, they forget about their promises, and just grab all they can for their pet projects. 

Let's get me off this bandbox and look at some photos.  Some of the photos that I took of the  fireworks the other night did not come out so good, but still they were interesting.  Here's a couple to show what I mean.  I think the second one looks like dancing chili peppers.



I also have another pretty shot of the sunset from the other night.  It's amazing how the light and the colors change depending on high or low the sun is and where it is.


Now I think I should do a bit of laundry, and get dressed.  I still have to go back to the hospital and pay the bill from Sunday morning and the cremation, etc.  So I will get that done today too.  I will also be checking all the area pet shelters.  Somewhere there is another little fur baby who needs a bit of loving and a forever home. 

That's my news for this morning.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a beautiful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I feel the same way about the waste of money for fireworks. Maybe I just don't like things that sound like gunshots...too loud. Too many memories.

I'm glad to hear you are open to lavishing love on another animal in your future. There's so many waiting for a good home and none of them can even imagine how incredible it would be to be YOUR dog.

aquascrap said...

I agree with your sentiments about governments. Our politicians, only today have accepted a hefty pay rise.
To think what the money spent on fireworks could do for the needy. Plus think of all the extra votes they'd get.

Good luck in your search for another pet.

Hugs
Judy xx

smiekeltje said...

Yeah, we think the same way about our government. Spending money on things, that isn't of real importance, and forgetting about the real important things, it seems.
Oh Enda, there surely is a little doggie waiting for you. It will be hard to choose, but there will be a "click"between you and one of them and that one you should take home and give a wonderful life in safety and with love.
Good luck in your search.
Have a lovely day.
Hugs
Kyra

Chris Allport said...

Dear Edna

I was so sorry to hear about Tootsie but am pleased that you are going to give a new home to another homeless pet. I am sure whoever you choose (notice I said whoever and whatever because they are not just things but friends to cherish) will have a wonderful life with you.

Lots of luv

Chris

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

O I so agree with you about the senseless wasting the government does...won't start today! Have a great day and hope you find a little fur baby just waiting for someone to lavishly spoil them rotten! Hugs!!