Thursday, July 26, 2012

Just Call Me Spotty!

July 26, 2012

Good morning.  It's looking a bit cloudy outside, but we're supposed to be getting rain for three days, starting today.  The temperature is looking pretty good too, high 70's to 80.  You know, this is this is the first summer in a long time where I've been able to enjoy getting outdoors. The weather has been so much nicer this year.

Yesterday I sort of got side tracked from whatever I was planning to do.  Of course, with me that's really quite easy!  The UPS truck delivered a package that I've been waiting for.  Can you guess what was iside?  YUP!  A new smart phone! 

It has taken me since December to get comfortable with a few features on my current phone, (like making and taking a phone call)  but it just does not get the best reception.  I cannot use it here at home or where I work.  However, I do love the GPS that it has.  That works perfectly.  So, after doing much homework for several months, I finally bought me a new phone.  This one is T-Mobile, and works just fine here in my house. 

Rather than fuss and fume trying to set up the new phone, I went to the T-Mobile store and asked one of their techs if he would set up the phone for me.  An hour and a half later, I left the store with a smile on my face.  Now I just have to set up the email on this phone, and get my own phone number switched over to it.   We'll try again!

This morning, I also have to call the doctor again.  Small purple bruises have been popping up on me, and now I'm getting round red spots that look like hives.  Obviously something I'm taking is causing the bruises, but I'm only taking the prednisone and sometimes benedryl for itch.  These have never caused problems before. 

I know I cannot take aspirin because that makes me break out in bruises (causes bleeding)  but I haven't taken any.  Oh well, just something else to worry about.  Oops!  More red spots!!!

Today, I have some photos from my garden.  My hydrangeas are finally coming into bloom, and are quite pretty and different. 



Also blooming are the butterfly bushes.  I have a purple one and a white one.  They were very slow to bloom, but oh my they are pretty now!


I finally got around to ordering my next blog book.  This one is 2012, Volume One.  (Jan-June)  Either I gabbed more than usual, or I posted more photos (or both), but this is the biggest book so far with 380 pages.  I'm glad that I started these books because it's really interesting to go back through them. 

Now I must get dressed, and start my day.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Good Morning Edna, My goodness you have a lot on your plate. You just caught my attention with your Blog Journal ... you are actually publishing your blog? Tell me more, how do you do that? I am here on a mission this morning. I am passing an award to you because I love your blog and wish to say thank you in a special way. You are not obligated to do anything with it except accept my appreciation through it. Come see me and you will see your award.

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

Gosh, you are having some problems from the time you got the spider bite! Now perhaps the sutff you take for that isnlt working with some regular medicine? Whatever it is, it is pretty annoying!
Hope the doctor can sort it out for you.
You hydrangeas look wonderful! I have a BIG white one, and two small in a red and the other in a pinkish color. They are just great bishes!
Have a wonderful day
Hugs
Kyra

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Terrific flower photos. I had my blog printed too, just love it, can't wait until I print an update. I love going back through and reading what I posted and seeing all the photos and the comments from friends I received on them. Hope your spots go away soon. Hugs!!

The Queen Jester said...

I've been away with my garden group for the weekend so just catching up again with the blogs. Sorry to hear the leg is acting up again. That must have been one heck of a spider!