Monday, July 30, 2012

Getting To Know Each Other

July 30, 2012

It's a gorgeous morning, and Pogo and I have made it to day three of getting to know each other.  I took him to work with me all weekend, and he charmed the socks off the Mrs.  As Mrs rode into the kitchen on her scooter, Pogo let out a series of huge barks that took us all by surprise.  This of course, got us all laughing.  Who would have thought that such a tiny handful of doggie could have such a huge bark!

Pogo also did his first little "bit" outdoors last night, and was rewarded with hugs and "good boy". Let's hope he remembers this today when we go out for a walk in the yard.  I'm learning that I have to be very quick in the morning or he runs to the nearest piece of carpet.  This is going to take us a while.

I've been  reading over the information in Pogo's folder to see what I can learn about him, but there's not much there.  It's mostly his medical records.  When he was rescued, he only had three teeth, and they were badly infected and had to be removed surgically.  Aside from that, he is in good health.  I think possible he went without food lots of times because he does not like sharing his food, and will protect it aggressively.  (Obviously harmlessly, he has no teeth.)

Pogo is six years old, and as big as a minute.  You  realize just how tiny and fragile he is when you try to pat him.  His little head gets lost in your hand.  I wonder just how long his name has been Pogo because he does not seem to respond when you call him.  I think it's a cute name, so we'll keep it.

Yesterday, I brought my favorite fuzzy little blanket out to the sofa, in hopes of catching a nap.  Well, let me tell you.  Pogo fell in love with my blanket.  He immediately made himself a little spot to curl up in and slept for over an hour.  So now I know what to do when I want him to to take a nap.


We did not get to go shopping at Petco yesterday, so we will definitely do that later this morning.  Pogo needs a new harness that fits a little better, and probably a couple of little tee shirts to wear in the morning when it's still cool.  This morning, he was shivering quite a bit, and wanted to be held. 

So far, Pogo is doing really well riding in the car.  As soon as I get his new safety belt, he will start riding in the car seat.  Hopefully, he will like that too.  I must say, things are certainly different here with this little fellow in the house.  But iit's a nice different. 

I have a couple of photos to share that I took at the park a few days ago.  I was trying to capture some good "flight" photos.  These are two that I rather like.  I never get tired of photographing the birds and the geese.



Today while we are out, I need to stop by the Town Hall and pay my taxes.  Can you believe?  These are the taxes for 2013!  We now have to pay them the year before.  I find this rather sad that towns have to collect on taxes that have not come due yet in order to get through the financial year. 

Now I want to do a bit of catching up on my blog reading while I enjoy my coffee.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

He is just so darn stinking cute! How can you find time to photo anything else? You must be in little doggie heaven right now. Tootsie would be so pleased with you for helping out another canine friend in need with your kind heart.

Nani said...

Pogo is a cutie! How awesomely sweet that he's a cuddler! If I take a nap sitting on the couch Kaline curls up on my chest too. (Because she did as a kitten and by golly, Mommy's chest or hips are her sleeping places!) I'm sure Pogo will know he's king of the place in no time! Did I just accuse you of spoiling? ;)

Thank so much for the award. I'll get some time to work on it tonight.

They don't do doggie-dentures, huh? So is his diet canned or finely cut-up food? I got a giggle out of his fierce barking. :) It sounds like you two will do well together! Congrats on bringing Pogo into your world!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Pogo seems to be a charmer!!! But it's great the Mrs. likes him, so you will be able to take him with you sometimes. And aren't our pets smart creatures? They know how they can take a nap on a great spot, like your furry blanket LOL!
I suppose he has already claimed it.
Poor Pogo to be missing his teeth! But as Nani says, they don;t seem to do doggie-dentures ROFL. So soft and cut up food for him. Shouldn;t be a too big problem.
Have a great day, together with Pogo, a doggie that makes me smile, yeah!
Hugs
Kyra