Friday, July 6, 2012

Free Kindle For Your PC

July 6, 2012

It's a beautiful sunny morning, and I'm sitting here at work waiting for the Mrs to wake up.  The weather man is promising us a nice day in the mid 80's.  And it is a nice day.  My body isn't aching from yesterday's exercises.  So, tomorrow I shall go to Deanne's and workout some more.  I think three or four times a week should be enough. 

I want to take a moment to thank Janet S. (one of Kyra's blog followers) for the beautiful Rainbow Bridge poem she sent to me.  So many folks sent condolences and prayers for my Tootsie.  Here are two cards that came yesterday from her doctors at the hospital.


I would also like to share a book that I recently finished reading.   Gosh, such a beautiful story.  I won't go into details and ruin it for you, in case you would like to read it too.


This was one of the free books offered by Amazon for my PC Kindle.  Did you know that the PC Kindle is free?  Just go to Amazon and search for the PC Kindle ap.  Once you download it to your laptop (or PC), you will receive a list of free books from Amazon almost every day in your email.

I have not had much response from the animal shelters.  The ones I did get said that the dog was already gone, or that they did not transport pets to different areas.  I'll keep looking though.  I heard of a new place on TV, The Pet Shelter Project, and thought I would look into that. 

The photo theme this week at PDPA is "Architectural".  I'm not one for photographing the angles of buildings, but I did come across a tree with an unusual design.  So this is my entry for this week.  I applied two Photoshop filters to the photo, Watercolor and Poster Edges. 



Now I must start getting busy here.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I like the blend of the watercolor and poster edges. I keep forgetting that I can add one on top of the other...thanks for the reminder.

Pat said...

I like the tree edit!
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear little dog.

Ida said...

Very interesting tree and the textures really gave it a mysterious feel.
I just checked out some of your other entries and please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your beloved dog. It is never easy losing them. I hope you find comfort in knowing she is in a better place and may your heart be filled with love enough to share with another little dog who needs you.

Deborah said...

VERY unusual tree!
go to Pixel of Ink (http://www.pixelofink.com/) and you can sign up for a daily e-mail of free books and/or bargain books from Amazon for their Kindle!

Anonymous said...

A very creative take on architecture. Clever!

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

That tree is 'architecturally' interesting! Thanks for sharing with Photo Art Friday, Edna.