Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My Grass Sprouts Are Loving The Rain

May 22, 2012

Good morning.  It's cloudy and wet again today.  Except for Thursday and possibly Saturday, we're supposed to have rain all week.  As long as my new little grass sprouts are happy with the rain, then I guess I can't complain too much. 

Have you seen any of the Serta Sleeper ads lately?  Gosh, I feel so bad for those poor little lambs.  I realize that the mattresses are probably a good deal for folks, but then every time someone buys one a whole flock of baby lambs goes hungry.  Whole sheep families are becoming destitute.  Just once, I'd like to see the mattress company do something nice for the lambs.

In case you're wondering, yes, I do still have all my marbles!  I just have a very large soft spot for animals who are  hurting or needy.  I have learned from past experiences to stay out of pet shops.  It's hard for me to leave the shop without wanting to take all the animals home with me.

Last night, I was able to work on the new June collab kit for a while.  Then Tootsie and I got comfy in our little bed to watch a couple of TV programs before going to sleep.  We were up a couple of times before 4 a.m. because Tootsie needed to make potty runs.  Finally, at 4 a.m., I made us some breakfast.  A bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich for me, and some bacon, deli ham and dry kibbles for Tootsie. 

After this we were able to sleep until 8 a.m..  One more potty run and back to bed for another hour and a half.  Crazy schedule, huh?  It's okay, though.  There's just me and her, and except for my work schedule, we don't have any kind of schedule for sleep or meals, etc.  We try to enjoy whatever each day brings us.

I have a couple of photos to share today.  This first one is just an interesting shot that I took of the Mrs' light post that is being covered by the Beauty Bush.  The second shot is  a little moth that I found sitting on a leaf by the Rhodendrons at work. 



Now I must get busy and finish up the laundry.  Tonight is a work night, and I need the clean clothes.  Plus, I need to wash Tootsie's little bed that she takes with her to the babysitter's room.  Here's hoping the sun is shining for all of you.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Nani said...

ow I don't feel so odd about my sympathy for Tusk The Elephant and Milton thew Toaster! Okay, especially Tusk because he's an elephant and I love elephants, but they were both let go by Kellogg's and I loved them both so much as a kid! My Grandma got a Serta and adopted one of the babies.

I have the same problem you do when we visit the cast shelter. I'd love to take them all home so they never go hungry, sleep outdoors, get attacked by other animals or mistreated by inhumane people ever again. I'd love to make sure they all purr every day. But that's why we're members and sponsor cats. David is no better in wishing we could take a few home at a time. :)

The picture of the light is very nice!! I love the way the flowers frame it.

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

ROFL, you have the same difficulty as I have, when visiting petshops!!
Or seeing a photo of a dog or cat in the newspaper, put in by the animal shelter, oh, they all look to me, with such sad eyes, asking me like that to take them in. I wish I could.

Have a great day,
Hugs
Kyra