Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy May Day

May 1, 2012

It's rather damp and wet this morning, but I suppose all those beautiful May flowers need the rain.  Happy May Day everybody.  I found a cute May basket on Google this morning to share with you.

 Isn't this pretty?  I remember that as children, we would make these pretty baskets and deliver them to folks throughout the neighborhood.  If you would like to learn how to make a May Basket, hop on over to The Frugal Crafter.  I believe it's the 4-29 post that tells you how to make your basket.

If you want to learn more about the history of May Day, go to Wikipedia.  They have all the origins and traditions listed for all the countries that celebrate the holiday. 

Seeing as how it's a bit yucky outside, I think today might be a good day to do the laundry  that I've been putting off lately.  I am a master at procrastinating, but finding the last clean pair of undies and socks in the drawer is a pretty good motivator to run the washing machine.

Yesterday, the mail lady brought me a nice surprise.  I received two of the three rebates that I've been waiting for.  These two add up to $150 and the last one will be for $50.  The first thing I'm going to do with this money is to send flowers to a very special lady.  She has been battling cancer for so many years now, but lately the blues are moving in on her.  I love you Edie.  Here's hoping the flowers will make your day a bit brighter.

The other day I took a photo of some Bleeding Hearts that grow in the Mrs' yard.  This photo was taken through the patio window, so if it's not raining next Friday, I shall go outside and get new photos.  The color of this flower is simply awesome.


Now it's time to get dressed and find some mischief to get into.  Maybe I'll make another freebie for you.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Nani said...

Oh goodness, we're so guilty of determining time to do laundry the same way! (especially once the colors start to come back for photography!)

We have sun today and warm days coming this week! We have a sunny week this week anyway; our contactiversary, meetiversary and dativersary. :D

Happy May Day!
Hugs, Nan-

smiekeltje said...

Laundry! I know all about it.
You are nice to send some flowers to Edie, I am sure she will be brightend up by it.
I too have bleeding hearts in my garden, They are always so pretty, also the leaves which have such a fresh green color.
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs
Kyra