Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Another Fine Soggy Day

May 16, 2012

It's a lovely soggy wet morning here.  No, I'm not complaining.  This is saving me from having to go outside and water everything.  However, I wouldn't mind if it dried up a little bit and the sun came out for a while.  I'm a sun bunny at heart.

It was another early morning today.  Tootsie woke me up at 2:45, and it was not easy getting back to sleep after that.  So we got up, and I prepared a pan of stuffed green peppers and a small meatloaf to be cooked later this afternoon.  I also boiled a batch of eggs, cooled and diced them, and made a bowl of egg salad.  After that, I helped my self to three little raspberry pastries and crawled back into bed.  I managed to get about three more hours of sleep.

Last night, I had a nice chat via email with Su, and we decided on a theme and color palette for our June collab kit.  This one is going to be such fun, BUT that's all I can say about it now.  I did not get to working on my photo class assignments because I turned in early.  Maybe later today.

Deanne came by yesterday and we went outside so that she could dig up some of my irises and tiger lilies to take home with her.  If it ever stops raining for a few days in a row, I would like to dig up more of the irises and re-plant them in another part of the yard.

For today's photos, I thought I would share some beautiful bird shots that my friend Mary Ann took while she was on vacation.  Gosh, I think I need her lens.  These bird shots are fabulous!  First we have a Cactus Wren, then a Northern Cardinal and a Purple Finch.  Mary Ann, I'm jealous!




Now I think it's time I stuffed myself into some clothes and get a start on this new day.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

It looks to be a rather nice day, at the moment sun is shining, so may be later we will have a nice moment in the garden. I bought myself a garden magazine yesterday, couldn;t resist it LOL. They are rather expensive so I don;t buy them often, and I keep them and re-read them with pleasure, many times. And it gives you some new ideas for the garden.
Gosh, you didn;t get too much sleep, hope you will have a longer one tonight!
Have a great day
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

Wow, you don't waste a minute do you? Although I remember from my insomnia days that I would have been better off doing something productive than just sitting there worrying about not being able to sleep.