Saturday, April 21, 2012

Did Someone Say Snow?

April 21, 2012

Good morning.  Are you expecting snow?  If you're on the Eastern side of the country somewhere between Virginia and Maine, you just might be in for a lot of the white stuff.  The April Fool is getting his calendar a bit mixed up here.  Some places might get up to a foot of snow, not to mention the ice that comes with the cold and rain.  It looks as though it will miss us, but we are expecting rain for just about the whole week ahead starting tonight.

Today, Eddie is coming over to plant some grass seed.  I hope, with all the rain that's coming, that the seed has a chance to grab hold of the dirt and doesn't just wash away.  I'm just glad that I did not pick up any new plants to put in the garden yet.  Maybe the weather will look better by the end of next week.

Late yesterday afternoon, Tootsie and I went to the park in hopes of getting some pretty photos of the sunset.  Well, the sunset photos did not happen, but Mr. and Mrs. Goose were there with their children.  Dee Dee and Eddie joined us there, and we all had a really nice time watching the geese and taking photos. 

Here is a nice photo of the whole family crossing the road.  Don't they look nice?


Here are a few photos that are different, but interesting.  (At least I  think so)  My "portrait" type shots didn't come out so good, but these are at least comical.




I did get another shot that I really liked, but I'll save that for tomorrow.  It still needs to be cropped to fit here. 

We also found a Fisher Cat who lives under my shed.  Actually, Eddie found it and by the time I grabbed my camera and got outside, it had already run back to it's home beneath the shed.  I will have to look this animal up on Google as I am not very familiar with it.

Now it's time for me to get dressed and greet this new day.  Tonight is a work night, and I have laundry to do plus an appointment at the nail salon.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

Great shot of the goose family!
And the portraits are so sweet!
Oh my, snow??? Weather is really mixed up!
Looks to be rainy here too today, but in our part we are still a bit blessed, although not warm, sometimes we have large periods with sunshine.
Have fun with the laundry LOL!
Enjoy the visit to the nailstudio.
Hugs
Kyra