Tuesday, March 20, 2012

WELCOME SPRING!

March 20, 2012

Good morning.  It's such a beautiful day to celebrate the first day of Spring.  The sun is shining and the temperature will be up in the 70's today.  Woo Hoo!   I know it's been warmer than usual, but today our gorgeous Miss Spring is officially here.  All through my gardens, there are green stems popping up everywhere.  Some have buds already.  I just love this time of year. 

Yesterday was a busy and productive day.  By mid morning, I set my alarm clock, and Tootsie and I had us a nice little nap.  After a bit of lunch, Dee Dee and Eddie stopped by to disconnect my cable boxes.  Then Tootsie and I were off to the post office to mail some packages.    After that, Dee Dee went with me to the cable company office.  The cable boxes were turned in for adaptors, and I was assured that they would have my bill straightened out before the end of the week.  We shall see!

Later in  the afternoon, Eddie came by to hook up our new cable adaptors.  It was supposedly such a simple thing to do.  I was told that even I could do it with no problem.  Riiiiiiight!  It took Eddie more than an hour and a phone call to the cable company to finally get both of the adaptors working properly. 

My next project is to transfer all the photos from my old cell phone over to my laptop.  I will have to call on Dee Dee to help me with this.  I've already tried with no luck.  You know, as much as I love tekky stuff, I am not really so good at figuring out the technical side of things. 

Today is Tuesday, and Wayne has not sent me an email with any photos from Paris.  Boo Hoo.  He promised to send me some photos.  Of course, he's probably having so much fun that sending me photos is the last thing on his mind.   I've heard that Paris in Spring time is simply beautiful. Oh, la la.

How about some more photos of the beautiful gulls at our park?  I could fill whole albums with just the photos of these graceful birds. 




Now I think I'll have me a look around here and see what mischief I can get into today.  It feels like a good day to start cleaning out my little computer room.  Oh Lord!  Did I say that?  Me?  I'm actually looking forward to doing some house cleaning?  I think I'd better get started on it before I realize what I'm doing!  lol.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Nani said...

Good morning Edna!

My how I’ve missed coffee at your place! :) I was so busy this weekend and yesterday! I think a lot of people are enjoying the nice weather and not blog hopping as much.

Thank you for letting me be the green Teletubby! I still don’t know so much about Teletubbies, but I’ll learn how to be one! LOL

I agree about the bungee ride and lack of sanity. I’ve always enjoyed a little edge of taking a chance with thrills, but just an edge! I like driving on mountains with narrow roads and no guard rails, NOT being flung around on a rubber band!

Florida is so gorgeous at this time of year. Spring is to the south what autumn is to us. It’s when the colors just shine!

I love the gull photos! I’ve always loved seagulls. There are many photos of me as a child and more as an adult feeding a flock of them!

We’re expecting another record high today, yesterday's high was 81. Ridiculous for March in Toledo! I’m hoping to get the thorough cleaning and organizing in the kitchen done by tomorrow. I need David’s help for that, so we’ll see how he feels after work. The joy of cleaning isn’t so ba…who am I kidding, it’s just something that has to be done from time to time! Put on some good sing a long music. It helps, really! hehe

Happy first day of spring!

Hugs, Nani