Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spring Is Busting Out All Over

March 24, 2012

It's on the gray side and a bit cooler today.  We're expecting some rain showers later today and tomorrow.  Mostly tomorrow.  Not to worry though, all the beautiful new flowers need a bit of rain to keep looking so pretty.

When I got to work yesterday, there were daffodils, hyacinth and forsythia blooming everywhere.  Here are a couple of photos of the hyacinth in the Mrs' yard.



The rows of daffodils were like a large yellow smile, and when I looked closer there was a big bumble bee smack dab in the middle of one of them.  He was working so hard at collecting the pollen that he was literally covered in the stuff.



For some reason, I'm very tired this morning.  Tootsie and I got up earlier, took care of her meds, and then we went right back to bed.  We got up a little while ago and had us some brunch, but I'm still tired.  It must be the lack of sunshine that does this to me. 

Maybe I'll take a walk out to see what the dwarfs are up to.  Yesterday afternoon, Tootsie and I took Joe to Walmart to pick up some groceries.  On the way, Joe treated us all to a Dairy Queen ice cream.  You should see how Tootsie's little face lights up when we pull into the parking lot at Dairy Queen.  I carry a little bowl and a spoon in the car just so that I can share my ice cream with her.  She does a little happy dance in her car seat, and then digs into that bowl of ice cream.  Yup!  One happy little camper!

The rain hasn't come yet, and it's still warm outside so maybe I'll take Tootsie out in the yard for a bit.  She looks so cute today in her Red Sox 2004 Championship tee shirt.  Well, that's all the news for today.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantastic day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Oh what happy looking flowers! I love spring time. Great detail on the bee. I just got back from a photography workshop so perhaps I'll get fired up to go shooting now. Except the high for today is only going to be 46, so think I'll stay inside.

Shelly said...

I always love your pictures!!