Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Good Day For Watching TV

March 14, 2012

Good morning.  It's a bit gray and damp outside this morning, but the  temperature should be around 61 today.  Later today, we'll have to turn the heat back on because the cooler temps will be back for a few days.  Next week though, the 70+ temps will be back.

Last night was a good night back at work.  The Mrs was in a very good mood, lucky me!  I guess that old saying "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" actually does work.  She was all tucked into bed by 10:30, leaving me a little time to play on my laptop. 

When I got to work last night, there were two very bright stars in the sky above.  Of course, I had to try to get a photograph.  Here's what I managed to capture.


I don't know if the background is just noise because of a high ISO (1600) or if it's just some of the millions of tiny stars that are up there.  Either way, I find it pretty interesting.  For my friend Mary Ann, even though this is hand held, I did have to lean against my car in order to get something more  than a squiggle.

I also have a different kind of photo to share with you.  One of the foods that both Audrey and I love is asparagus.  One night while in Florida, we pigged out on a huge plate of this yummy veggie.


Right now, I'm watching a TV program called "Geological Journey".   It shows scientists studying fossils that are more than half a billion years old, and a huge area filled with dinosaur fossils in New Brunswick.  It's also showing how the Atlantic Ocean came to be.  I find all of this absolutely fascinating. 

Next up is a program that studies our planets.  I guess today will be a TV day.  After a bit of a nap, of course.  Now it's time to tend to Tootsie's meds.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Nani said...

I*'m glad the Mrs. missed you, Edna! :)

I was just reading about, I think Mars and Jupiter both being very visible right now. Maybe that's what you got?

Thanks for the picture of the asparagus. Seriously, I've been having a mad veggie craving day and asparagus are something I really like that I didn't put on my grocery list...well, I hadn't put on my list! It's there now!

Have a wonderful day!
Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

We too love to see at times programs about the creation of Earth, or about the space. It are really fascinating things to hear and see about. And so many things are still unknown!
May be today I can catch a bit of sun, looks good anyway. But also have to do some serious work here, but never mind, when the sun is shining as it is today, I always feel much more energetic.
Have a great day
Hugs
Kyra