Sunday, March 25, 2012

Bits And Pieces Of Me

March 25, 2012

Good morning.  I'm at work (and going home soon) and daylight will be breaking any minute now.  I can see the skies beginning to lighten.  It rained a bit during the night, and I expect more of it today.  But  that's okay.  Janet will be over today to help me get my figures all tallied up for the tax accountant, and I have a bit of laundry to do.

On Friday, Nani bestowed upon me a lovely award called "Tell me about yourself award.  Your blog is great." 

The rules are fairly simple.  First, you must thank the person giving the award.  Nani, thank you so much for the honor.  Next, you must share seven things you think people might find interesting about you and select seven fellow bloggeers to give the award to.

Hmmm, what to say about me.  This will take a little while, so I will most likely have to finish this post when I get home.  But I will get it started before I leave here.

1.  In order to get a college education, I took night courses at the local community college whenever I could.  I even took "at home study" classes from Cornell University.  As long as I got "A's" my employer would pay for everything.  (And I did! And they did!)  Once my youngest child was in high school, I was able to go to school full time nights (I worked during the day.)  Then I got accepted for, and earned, my Masters Degree from Antioch University. 

2.  At the age of nineteen I became a mother.  By the time I was forty, I was a grandmother, and around the age 63 I was a great grandmother.  I have hopes of seeing some great greats in my time.

**************************
I'm home now, and will continue with my list of seven info bits.

3.  As a child, my dreams were to be a model, an airline stewardess, a fashion designer, a yarn shop owner or a teacher.  Except for the airline stewardess, I managed to accomplish all of my youthful dreams. 

4.  As an adult, I have always wanted to write a book.  Aside from my blog books, I have not written one but I hope to do a "coffee table" photo book one of these days.

5.  I am dyslexic to a degree.  When I'm doing crossword puzzles and the answers won't fit in the designated spaces, I put the puzzle down.  Later when I try again, my answers fit.  I have the most trouble trying to read signs.  Even billboards.  Sometimes I have to read them several times before I have them figured out.  Of course, different types of fonts make it even more difficult.

6.  For a while my daughter Deanne and I were voluntary probation officers at the local courthouse. 

7.  After more than twenty years of keeping my social work license up to date, I finally gave it up when I got into my early sixties. 

So that's bits of me in a nutshell.  Now I have to pass this award on to seven more bloggers.  My problem is that there are only five blogs that I visit every morning.  One of them, of course, is Nani's blog.  So I will list the other four bloggers.

Kyra at "With A Russian-Dutch Heart"
Su at "Suruha-Freespirit"
Queen Jester at "Life In A Canned Ham"
Jenn at "Sugarbutt Designs"

Last night, I clicked on a link on someone's blog and found me a new blog to start following.  It's called  "Lemonade Makin Mama".  I don't know her name, but she writes a very interesting blog with lots of her photographs.  Check her out, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

How about some photos before I sign off.  I took these photos through the window on the plane on my way home from  Florida.  I used the camera on my "smart phone" and did my best to clear up some of the spots from the dirt on the window.





Now it's time to give Tootsie her morning meds.  This morning will be her last dose of antibiotic.  The eye drops will have to be continued for life.  I must say though, that her eye is looking much better than it did when I took her to the hospital.  I'm off now to start my day here.  Till  tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Thanks for the award! I will have to think hard to find things to tell, people not already know LOL!
So glad Tootsie's eye is a bit better!
Have a great day
Hugs
Kyra

Nani said...

I did the never quit working on it road to my degree too. I have a 13-year bachelor’s degree! I really can’t pay attention to billboards when I’m driving, but I love them as a passenger! But it’s the sma3e thing as you, (I need to be able to see them for a minute and let them sink in. Thanks for sharing your facts about you!

Your smart phone takes some good pictures! I love seeing the tops of the louds when I fly. Saturday’s photos were wonderful! Hyacinths are so pretty! And that bee was definitely into his work!

I’m happy to hear Tootsie’s eye drops are helping her!

I’m going to have my second coffee and post my blog, then the White Tornado wind is blowing!

Hugs, Nani

The Queen Jester said...

Thank you for the mention, I was very honored. It was interesting learning a bit more about you. I've already considered you to be a fascinating woman, now you are even more so.