Saturday, February 11, 2012

Oooooo, White Stuff!

February 11, 2012

Brrrrr.  I expected to wake up this morning to see everything covered in white.  Not so!  There is a light dusting here and there, and the snow is coming down ever so lightly (but steady).  The forecast has been changed from 5 inches to maybe 1 or 2 inches with a bit of rain mixed in.  That's okay too, but this is New England, and anything can happen when it comes to weather.  We shall have to wait and see.

Yesterday was a pretty good day at work, and I even managed to take a few photos.  When I was making the Mrs' lunch, I happened to notice a funny discoloring on one of the tree branches in her back yard.  (this is while looking through the kitchen window)  After studying it for a few minutes, trying to figure out what would have caused this discoloring, I decided to photograph it.  As soon as I picked up my camera, the discoloring moved!

Here is the view from the kitchen window.


And here is a closeup view of where the spot moved to on the branch. 


And finally, here is the spot!


I never did figure out why this little red squirrel was hanging upside down on the branch for so long.  Maybe it was hiding from something?  I did look around but could not find any predator close by.  Either way, it's surprises like this that keep me carrying my camera everywhere I go.

The Mrs seems to be doing much better now that she can see clearly out of one eye.  It won't take much convincing to get her to go and have the other cataract removed.   I brought my new Nook in to show her how much fun she could have once she can see good.  She gets so excited at seeing what all this new technology can do.  Actually, I do too, once I figure out how to use it!

Now it's time for me to stuff this fluffy little body into some clothes, and get ready to go out into the weather to do some food shopping.  Tootsie is running out of doggie food (not that she is too worried about that!) and one of the  dwarfs also needs to do a bit of shopping. 

Stay warm folks.  Spring really is close by.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Nani said...

And the spot is SQUIRRELY!! Sorry, I've said before that I'm incredibly fond of squirrels! :)

We got a white blanket, maybe 2 inches? I haven't been outside, not even close to outside! Our high didn't even hit freezing! It's 18 right now. All the pretty brown is gone. Okay, I'm not a big fan of brown, but it's better than white! I prefer green! :)

Back to my nice indoor with a fleece blanket scrapping!

Hugs, Nani

The Queen Jester said...

Cute squirrel - sorry about the snow. We finally had a dry day today and were able to get out and do some hiking. It looks like the rain is coming back though. Argh.

Mary Ann Roesler said...

Most people probably couldn't even see the squirrel. Most photographers would think it's way to far away to get a good picture...you zoom in to probably 200% and WOW a perfectly non blurring photo. You know you won't make or keep many friends with those kind of talents!!! I have the same equipment as you and the Phoebe I took last week is blurry at 200%...jump a plane and come and help me get some good photos friend! Enjoy!